Chapter 28 - Second Home

The first thing Brianna saw when she walked out into the training ring of the House of Wind was the fact that the three Illyrians were all shirtless.

After spending some time with Feyre and Morrigan in the town house after lunch, their conversation diverged to the most trivial of matters, which was mainly just talking about what it was like to be an emissary, to go around Prythian and to discover the land with a fresh pair of eyes. Feyre agreed with her about a lot of Brianna's opinions, mainly about how strange the seasonal court that was the Winter Court was forever under a spell of ice and wind, but also how, for the High Lady, to be surrounded by all sorts of new fae was truly a strange sight to see.

But after a while, Morrigan grew tired of the chit chat, and after hearing Brianna complain that she couldn't use her Syren gold in Prythian and that Azriel had to be the one to buy her a coat, she came up with the bright idea of going about Velaris on a shopping spree. While Feyre was inclined to spend some time walking around to digest her meal, Brianna came up with the excuse of wanting to take a nap. And knowing that Brianna had previously spent a few hours walking around, coupled with the fact that they had both just witnessed her stuffing her face during their late lunch, they didn't question Brianna's motives at all.

And it worked, because Morrigan and Feyre went down the streets of Velaris arm in arm, leaving Brianna alone to fly back to the House of Wind.

But Brianna didn't exactly want to take a nap, even if she did feel a bit tired by all the talking they did. No, Brianna had one idea in mind, and that was to go and find Azriel, for now that it was much later in the afternoon, she only hoped he would be free from his duties to talk.

At first the Syren began walking down the halls of the House of Wind to where she more or less knew was Azriel's chamber, for maybe he would be in there, if she were to knock on the right door. But after walking around for a while, Brianna realised she didn't really know where she was going.

She stopped in her tracks, earning a quick glance from a nearby servant, who merely gawked at her slightly before minding on their way. Until Brianna stepped into their path, halting them with a small gasp.

"I'm sorry," Brianna said sheepishly, realising she had startled the faery by her sudden actions.

The faery looked up at her through long lashes, eyes a little wide at the sight of the Syren.

"What may I do for you, my lady?"

Oh my. Brianna hadn't expected such a title. But then again, seeing how Helion also called her as such, she supposed that maybe she would carry the title of a lady here in Prythian. Not that she was anything of the sort, anyway.

"I was wondering if you knew where Azriel was," Brianna asked the faery, offering them a kind smile.

Their eyes went wider still, "Lord Azriel is within the training rings above."

Lord Azriel. Brianna wanted to laugh at that notion.

But instead, she only smiled at the faery, thanking them and going about her way, after asking for a few directions on how to get to those training rings.

And it was after a while more that Brianna finally managed wandered about, until she felt something bubbling inside of her, almost guiding her to a flight of stairs. And that little feeling, that small tug led Brianna to find her way up quite a number of other stairs, until she was all the way up to a place she found couldn't possibly belong within such an ornate and immaculate palace, for it felt so out of place.

Brianna didn't expect to find such a highly equipped training ground within the Court of Dreams. And while she was glad that, the strange tug within her had indeed led her right to Azriel, she was a bit perplexed to find him in the middle of a three-way spar between Cassian and Rhysand.