I'm Low On Gas And You Need A Jacket

Alysha's P.O.V

I choked back the tears about me and Vic's argument, as I walked into work. "Hey sweet heart, thanks for filling in. Alex seems really sick." Rose said, giving me a quick hug. I nodded my head slowly and plastered a fake smile. "Anytime. Can I have a shot before people start coming?" I asked. Rose usually lets me take a shot before work to calm myself down when I'm stressed. And I needed one today. "Sure, what would you like?" She asks, walking over to the many bottles of liquor. "Something strong." I stated, giving her a small smile. She gave me a sympathetic look before passing a shot glass in my direction.

I drank the liquid, and squeezed my eyes shut as it burned my throat. That would defiantly do the trick. I laid back and relaxed for a while before customers started pouring in. We're always the busiest at night time. It's usually when all the drunks come out.

Hours have passed, and the bar was still filled with drunk people. I would much rather be with Vic right now. But he kinda hates me. "Hello?!" An annoying voice shouted at me. I snapped my head up to see a girl. About the age of 20. She was wearing an insanely short skirt, a crop top, with obviously no bra, and had bleach blonde hair. "Are you going to serve me or what?!" She spat, glaring at me. I held in my anger, and gave her a fake smile. "What would you like." I asked in a monotone voice. "A beer please. And make it quick." She snapped, her annoying voice ringing through my head.

I rolled my eyes before turning around and grabbing a bottle of beer. "Finally." She snarled, sending me a dirty look. I snapped. "Okay, I don't know what your problem is but can you stop giving me that bitch face?!" I spat, putting my hands on my hips. "Excuse me?!" She yelled, placing a hand on her heart. "You heard me." I retorted, mocking her tone. "What a bitch." She mumbled, before turning around. "Listen here, I've had a tough night. And I don't need any under age brat telling me how to do my fucking job. Understand?" I snapped, stopping her in her tracks.

"Ally, please." Rose said from behind me. I took a deep breath, as the girl gave me a smirk. "Yes, Ally please." She said, twirling her hair. "If you're gonna talk to my employees like that we don't have to serve you anymore." Rose said, staring at her. The girl rolled her eyes and snorted before walking away. "Keep your cool tonight, Ally." Rose warned before walking away. I've been known for yelling at customers before. Whoops. I served the last few customers before saying my goodbyes to Rose, and taking off.

I turned my phone on as soon as I got outside. Messages came flooding in. All from Alex.

Alex - Ally, I need you.

Alex - I feel like the walls are closing in please help.

I didn't even bother to read the rest before booking it to my car. Alex has terrible anxiety. Im not going to lose him. By time I reached his house, ambulances were outside. "Alex!!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. A paramedic stopped me. "You can't go back there ma'am." He stated. "But that's my fucking best friend!" I yelled. I pushed my way past him, and ran into his house. A group of paramedics were surrounding him, as he laid on the floor. Eyes wide.

"Oh, Alex." I whispered, sobbing. His eyes met with mine, and I saw his pain. "Ally!" He shouted. A paramedic turned around and rushed me out of the house. "NO LET HER STAY." Alex yelled loudly. "I'm not leaving you!" I screamed. "Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Another paramedic warned. "You can meet us at the hospital." She continued. I ran to my car and drove as fast as I could to the hospital. Tears clouded my vision, but I didn't stop driving. I couldn't.

I made it to the hospital in record time, and was now sitting in the waiting room. Alex had arrived about ten minutes ago, and no one has came out to tell me if he's okay. The hospital doors burst open, and I immediately recognized who walked in. Jaime. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. His arms wrapping around me. "I can't lose him!" I screamed into his chest. "You won't. He's a strong kid." Jaime assured me.