not an update!

let me start off by saying, sorry for the lacking on the updates and sorry if you thought this was going to be one :/

okay but really guys, there are 50,000 reads on my story. that is so insane. my mind is blown with all the support given from you guys through the years, it makes me feel so happy constantly.

i love and support you all with everything ❤️

now, the real reason i made this extra chapter was to 'discuss' a few things, roughly about the story.

first, i want you all to remember that this is fiction. this story wasn't made to encourage any type of self harm! i use real mental issues and negative ideas in this story and i know that there are real people that struggle with these flaws. this story wasn't made to joke about any of those sensitive topics. it wasn't made to trigger anyone. i put the main sensitive topics in the description so that people wouldn't struggle through reading this fanfic.

the comments. it truly saddens me to know that you guys go through some of the things that happen in this. i know you are all so strong and i know you will all overcome the bad. my inbox is open for anyone and i swear i'm probably the nicest person you'll ever meet :)

the main self harm discussed in 'bruised' is the character bruising his own skin to make him feel better and stronger. i am not saying this is 'better' or 'safer' than any other self harm in any part of the book. many of you may know that i got the original idea for 'bruised' based off of my life. i didn't chose the method of bruising for this fanfic because it is less triggering than others, but because i have personally gone through that.

not to turn this serious topic into a sap story, but i bruised myself for the same reasons as the character in this story, and some of the parts of this are true to my own life. it took a little less than two years, but i can assure you that i have been clean, happy, and mentally stable for around five months now.

in conclusion, please don't 'switch methods' or bruise yourself because of words said in this story. i see many comments about how this seems easier or like it will have less of an effect. comparing to my anorexia in eighth grade, i can assure you that no version of self harm is better or safer than another, and i don't encourage anyone to try bruising because of what my story says.

please let me know if i can help any of you in any way. mentally, emotionally, let me know. i'm here to help. i support you all.

all the love, m xx