𝑶𝒏𝒆.

I 01

I 01. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ string of dreams ❞

          SOULMATES HAD ALWAYS BEEN WELCOMED IN ARIADNE'S EYES. The idea of having a person fated to you, whether by a connection of friendship or romance, the idea was definitely plausible. Connected by a string of dreams, a tiny part of her wished that was her reality. But of course, why would the gods choose her? A curly-haired sword fanatic who was named after her step-mom that lived on Olympus, she was just another child of Dionysus. The hope still laid there, lying in her heart, waiting for the day she lives a purpose.

Ariadne sat at the dock's edge, her eyes watching as a group of campers floated out on the water, paddling a canoe towards shore. Her eyes glanced down, becoming transfixed with the crystal clear waters below her feet. The tips of her shoes created slight movement, fish swimming below as they lived their lives peacefully, a part of her was jealous about that trait.

Some part of her was drawn towards the water, even though she couldn't swim for the life of her.  Water had always been terrifying for her, deciding to stick to land was the best choice for her. She could fight, her powers had more of an effect, land was her safe space. Water was... well-it was unpredictable. Earth was strategic, only one plan of action.

Ariadne curled a strand of curly hair around her index finger, letting it spring back into place once she stretched it out. Bored as to why Annabeth asked her to meet the girl there when she hadn't shown up for the past twenty minutes, the brunette almost convinced herself to head back to cabin twelve, but she stayed a bit longer to watch the water.

The girl stood up, deciding it was best she head back so it didn't look like she was contemplating drowning herself. The wooden planks creaked under her weight, but that didn't worry the girl, the deck had faced far worse in the years she had been at the camp. Her legs carried her in the direction of the cabins, body aching for the soft mattress that was calling her name. It was hard being the best swordsman at the camp-or swords-woman in her case.

She waved at the campers passing by, happiness radiating off of her as she watched the bustle of her home. During the summer was the busiest, with the weekly Capture the Flag games and rock climbing classes, and the sword championships that always ended with Ariadne defeating anyone who dared go against her. It was all good fun, but the over-looming reality was that most of the campers were learning to protect themselves if they chose to enter the real world once more, protecting themselves against the monsters that threatened their lives.

This did nothing to waver her smile in the slightest, she had been accustomed to this reality. Yes, it was a shock when she finally understood at the age of six, but it was still a shock to everyone new that entered. Ariadne was so close to her cabin before a familiar voice callout to her, "Ari!" The girl looked over her shoulder, a smirk twisting onto her face once she saw the familiar blond locks of Luke Castellan, "Hey! I've been looking everywhere for you."