𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚.

I 020

I 020. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ grey sisters ❞

THERE WERE TIME WHEN SHE WAS HAPPY TO SEE KELP HEAD. But this time was not one of them. He had successfully befriended a Cyclops all year, didn't know what he was, and ended up burning down his school's gymnasium on the last day. Her Kelp Head was something.

Wait. Why did she say her Kelp Head. Percy Jackson was not hers, what? She decided to ignore herself, focusing on the situation at hand.

She waited in an ally on Church Street, hiding in the shadows while keeping an eye out for them. Her purple eyes caught hold of Percy and Tyson, she grabbed them by their shirts and pulled them off the street while a fire truck raced by, sirens wailing as it headed to Meriwether Prep.

Ariadne pulled them farther into the alleyway and closer to her, able to hide out from prying eyes. She immediately turned to Percy, "Where the hell did you find him?"

He frowned slightly at her tone, "He's my friend?"

"Is he, like, homeless or something?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" He rolled his eyes, "He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

The girl gave a once over of the Cuclops, surprised he was intelligent. Most aren't at that age, "He can talk?"

"I talk," Tyson said. "You are pretty."

If he had said that to Annabeth, the girl would've looked sick and immediately rejected the idea. But Ariadne was her own person, and she may not be fond of the creature he was, but that didn't mean she was going to be rude about it.

She gulped, "Um... thanks." Percy noticed her hesitancy and frowned, but the Cyclops wasn't fazed. He reached out to a strand of her curly hair, pulling at it and laughing once it sprung back.

The girl tried not to shove him away, for Percy's sake. He noticed how Tyson's hands were not scarred from the fight in the gym, "Your hands aren't even burned!"

Her purple eyes bore into the side of the demigod boy's head, wondering why he couldn't see the Cyclops's one eye. "I'm surprised the Laistrygonians attacked you with him around."

Tyson noticed her eyes, staring at them with wide eyes while he awed slightly. "Pretty eyes."

Ariadne tried not screaming but it was hard, and the night Thalia died played through her mind on a loop, a reminder that she had failed saving someone.

"Aidan," Percy said. "What are you talking about? Laistry— what?"

She shrugged, "Laistrygonians— hard to say, I know." Her eyes watched Tyson wearily, "They were those monsters in the gym. They're a race of giant cannibals who usually live in the far north. Annabeth said something about Odysseus running into them once— but, I've never seen them this far south in New York."