𝑻𝒆𝒏.

I 010

I 010. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ looking for the children ❞

     ARIADNE OPENED HER EYES TO THE DIRTY WATER OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER. She panicked as she couldn't breath, eyes stinging from the lack of oxygen in her lungs.

Trash floated by, sticking in her hair as she was laying on the sand. The girl struggled to move, her side was still on fire and was in a lot of pain. She would have swam to the surface by now, but her body wasn't letting her.

She remembered her heart stopping. She remembered her soul opening its eyes in the Underworld where the rest of the dead were, but she wasn't waiting for judgement, she was in a room with a beautiful woman and a black throne.

But that was all she remembered before awaking in the river. Her eyes searched for Percy, but they were stinging so badly. So she moved the beat she could, struggling to swim up.

Percy stares up at the Nereid who spoke to him, debating what she meant before she opened her mouth again. "You must hurry, Percy Jackson," an urgent tone in her voice. He gave her a confused looked before seeing Ariadne struggling in the water. "She will not survive, you are luck on of the Olympians helped her, but the poison is still spreading."

"And, Percy," he looked at he once more. "Watch out for her, because those doves are not kind to people who forget their love."

The boy was already gone, not even thinking about what she just said. Swimming expertly through the water as his bubble of air swallows her once he was close enough.

Ariadne let the oxygen flow through her lungs as she grew dry, but the pain was still there. She gasped out as she fell into Percy's arms, the boy placed his hand on her side where blood was sleeping through her jacket. It heals instantaneously, along with the cut on her arm.

She gave him a long hug, both floating at the bottom of the river while holding each other. But her eyes spotted Riptide sticking out of the ground, she pointed over and they swam told it.

Percy grabbed it and they swam up, emerging from the river. Her hair was soaked, but he was dry to the bone.

Ariadne quickly walked up the bank, almost falling to the ground and kissing it because of how happy she was.

The two had to discreetly get to their friends without someone seeing, but a girl had already noticed them. "Mama! That girl and boy walked out of the river!"

Her mom wasn't paying attention, trying to look at the large amount of emergency vehicles at the base of the Arch. "That's nice, dear."

"But he's dry!"