𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

I 011

I 011. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ waterland ❞

ARIADNE WATCHED FAMILIES AROUND HER EAT EAT BURGERS AND MILKSHAKES. And she was sure she was drooling almost as much as Percy does when he sleeps, which is quite a lot.

The milkshakes had condensation running down the glasses, and she could only watch as kids downed them in one sitting, imagining what that cool feeling would be down her throat if she had one.

Her stomach was clenching one hunger, ready to start eating itself although, she's sure it has already started.

A waitress approached them as they sat in a booth in the chrome diner, a skeptical look on her face as she eyed the dirty looking kids who looked homeless. "Well?"

Percy was the brave one to speak up, due to how his friends were wallowing in their hunger. "We, um, want to order dinner."

"You miss have money to pay for it?"

No was the answer on their minds, but a sob story was on their tongues. Hopefully, Percy could create one believable enough, but the brunette knew it wouldn't work.

Grover was close to bleating in his hunger, close to eating the linoleum. Annabeth was pale and Ariadne was almost sure she was ready to pass out. And Percy, well, he was trying his best. The boy was trying to keep himself together but he was almost ready to burst into tears because of his hunger.

She opened her mouth to start spewing out reasons why they couldn't but a rumbling shook the whole street. A motorcycle the size of a baby elephant pulled onto the curb, parking as a burly looking man stood from it.

The sleek bike had a seat that looked like it was made of human skin, but maybe it was just convincing looking leather. That was what she hoped. It's headlight was red, one that always made people think of anger.

All conversation had died down, everyone enthralled with the man who walked through the door followed by the standard chime of the bell at the top.

The guy on the bike was bigger than any pro wrestler she had ever seen. His muscles bulging under his red shirt that was covered in an expensive leather jacket, black jeans over his legs as his boots seemed to shake the ground. A knife was strapped to his thigh, and her senses became heightened. His eyes were covered by red-tinted sunglasses that made him look even handsomer, although he didn't have any hair, it suited him. But his face was scarred from what she assumed to be fights, he must've won all of them.

He made her angry. Extremely, angry. She had the urge to grab her sword and start fighting him, and her eyed widened once she saw a vine growing from a crack in the sidewalk outside. The biker had an aura around him that could only be explained as rage personified, aggression and a bitterness in each step he took.