𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆.

I 09

I 09. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ once she hit the sand ❞

      ARIADNE WATCHED AS ANNABETH'S EYES GLAZED OVER ONCE SHE SPOTTED THE GATEWAY ARCH. She would have laughed if she didn't know how serious the blonde was to see it, and the brunette kinda did too.

She laughed at her friend, who sent her a mocking glare while she raised her arms in surrender. "I wanna do that."

"What?" Percy questioned.

"Build something like that. You ever see the Parthenon, Percy?"

"Only in pictures."

Annabeth sighed, "Someday, is going to go see it in person. I'm going to build the greatest monument to the gods ever. Something that'll last a thousand years."

"You?" Percy laughed, to which Ariadne shot him a disapproving look. "An architect?"

The brunette crossed her arm, pinching him slightly. "Be nice, Kelp Head."

Annabeth blushes, embarrassment rushing through her face. "Yes, an architect. Athena expects her children to create things, not just tear them down, like a certain god of earthquakes I could mention."

Ariadne cringed slightly, watching as the dirty Mississippi River rushed under them. Percy focused their too.

The blonde but her lip, "Sorry. That was mean."

Percy shook his head, "Its okay. Why don't we work together? I mean, didn't Athena and Poseidon ever cooperate."

"The chariot." Ariadne muttered, but once she saw Annabeth's pointed look and Percy's raised eyebrow, the girl frowned and nodded. "Butt out. Duly noted."

Percy chuckled at the girl while she focused on Grover who began talking to her like they were back at camp.

The blonde turned back towards the boy, "My mom invented it. But Poseidon created horses out of the greats of waves. So they had to work together to make it complete."

"Then we can cooperate, too. Right?"

Annabeth smiled softly, "I suppose." Percy nodded, happy that they got that worked out.

Grover grinned towards Ariadne who became suspicious with his look, "Do you remember when you tried to swim?"

Annabeth let out a bark of laughter, remembering that exact day. Ariadne groaned while Percy was confused.

"You mean when she flopped in the lake while Like had to rescue her?" Annabeth asked, and Grover nodded with laughter.

Percy eyed them, "What happened?"