𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

I 08

I 08. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ if I had a mother like yours ❞

     THE CRUEL VOICE LAUGHED AT HER FAILED ATTEMPT TO CLIMB THE STONE WALLS. Her nails bled as she tried for what felt like the thousandth time, she couldn't climb the walls and was stuck.

Ariadne was stuck in a maze. Not the best place for her. She also didn't have her ring, which meant nothing but her combat skills to defend herself.

She spun around at the growl that echoed along the walls, her eyes widened once she spotted the Hellhound walking towards her slowly.

It's paws padded against the ground while it's claws scratched it, teeth bared at the girl. She shot down the hallway, trying to gain some distance between herself and the beast.

Her hands met open air, causing the girl to step back quickly and away from the chasm below her. Rocks crumbled into it, falling deeply without any sound of reaching the bottom.

The Hellhound let out a roar behind her, eyes red with hate. Ariadne let out a whimper, her eyes flying back towards the black void before meeting those of the creature.

She tried finding a way around it, but that would only lead to her being ripped to shreds. So she did an impulsive thing that only a demigod with a Dwayne wish would do; she jumped.

Her body fell through the air, wind blowing her hair every which way while she screamed out. The Hellhound just walked away, it's task complete.

So the girl fell for what seemed like hours before colliding with the ground. Except, her back didn't hit pavement, it hit a bed of bushes.

Ariadne gasped out, sitting up quickly before picking the leaves out of her hair. She cringed at the pain in her body before freezing up at the sight of two shadows.

One was adult-sized, the other was a kid. The adult held the child in their arms before setting it down in front of a hill, holding onto its hands.

"You'll be safe here, Ariadne."

She shivered at the sound of her mother's voice, her body going stiff at the child's confused look.

Her younger self tilted her head, "But I'm safe with you, Mommy."

"No," her mother shook her head, "you're not. This place will protect you from whatever you see. I love you, my child."

Ariadne almost fell for it as her mother walked away, but she didn't run after the shadow because that wasn't what her mother said to her when she was abandoned, not even close.