VIII Tomorrow

"Nice Kill, USHIJIMA!"

"USHIJIMA!"

"USHIJIMA!"

The crowd chanted in unison along with the banging of the drums inside the Sendai City Gym as the ace of Shiratorizawa once again smashed a volleyball. The finals is currently ongoing between Shiratorizawa and Seijoh; winner of this match will represent the Miyagi Prefecture for the Interhigh Nationals to be held in Tokyo. Pride is on the line as the two rival schools meet once again.

"SHIRATORIZAWA!"

You snapped out of your thoughts as the people went wild chanting the name of your school. You looked at the score board. 23-24, one more point and they will snatched this set from Aoba Johsai.

Reon is up to serve once again but it was flawlessly received by the opponent; directly giving it to Oikawa Tooru. With all his grace, the setter set the ball up to their Ace who slammed it mercilessly but was unfortunately sent back with the same intensity by the Guess Monster himself.

"Nice block, Tendou!" You yelled from your seat. You weren't sure if he heard that as the gym is jammed pack by the spectators of the powerhouse schools.

It was very unusual for you to watch the game but since they've caught your attention lately, you thought it would be great to observe them in a real game situation. Tendou has probably the lowest stamina but he surely has a high volleyball IQ. You muttered in your breath as you jot down notes to your phone. For the past week, you've been secretly taking down notes basing on the boys' performance in every training and practice match they had. You were very determined to make an accurate skill evaluation for each and every player of the shiratorizawa volleyball team.

Why am I doing this? You asked yourself one time. This was totally a waste of your precious time to be honest, but you were somehow enjoying it. Also, you wanted to help your friends with your own ways. "Just this once, to repay the kindness they've shown to me when I was sick." was you reason. Though this may look cheesy and out of character, you thought this might actually help them in improving their skills especially if they will represent the prefecture in the National stage.

The second set came and it was a landslide, Aoba Johsai bowed at the Shiratorizawa once again. Well, this was already expected by the many as Seijoh has never beaten the powerhouse them in the last couple of years.

As soon as people were already allowed to meet the teams, you quickly went down and congratulate them.

"Congrats Tendou, Ushijima-kun!" You cheerfully said slapping their backs.

"Oh? Dearie, you watched?" Tendou gasped in surprised. They didn't know you'd be watching today; not that you haven't told them you would. What they knew was you turned down every invitation you got from them.

"I guess I changed my mind." You smiled.

"Thank you [Y/N]." Ushijima said.

"Oh? You watched the game princess?" Goshiki joined the conversation. "Too bad I didn't knew, I should have done more." Goshiki is a promising player but lacks maturity. You noted to yourself.

Before you could answer Goshiki, an idea flashed at your insane mind. "Oh? who said I was cheering for you? I was screaming my lungs out for Oikawa Tooru!" You teased.

You saw them let out some funny faces. "Gah! You're horrible!" Tendo exclaimed in disgust.

What a bunch of losers! you laughed inside before saying "Kidding! Though I really cheered for a him a little." You cracked.