XVI Confused

The Gymnasium was filled with spectators that supports the different schools coming from all over Japan to clash their way to the top rank of high school volleyball. You were standing in between coach Washijo and the captain Ushijima as all the teams have gathered in line to finally start the opening ceremony of the Interhigh Nationals.

"Are you nervous Ushijima-kun?" you asked the stoic captain.

He didn't answer your question but you guessed he wasn't nervous at all, knowing him. He's confident in his skills when it comes to volleyball of course he's excited, but I'm not. I hope I won't mix things up, this is my first tournament with the team. you talked to yourself.

There was a short program, words of encouragement and camaraderie for the student athletes have pumped up everyone as finally the tournament has officially begun. It's still 10 o'clock in the morning, the Shiratorizawa's first game will be after lunch against Higashihara High from Saitama Prefecture.

"[Y/N] we will be having an early lunch today, will that be alright?" Coach Washijo asked.

"It won't be a problem coach, I already told my brother about the schedule of meals." you replied. This was one of the advantages of the team staying at the hotel, you won't be minding about where the team would eat as well as the healthy menus. The hotel got it covered, but you still have to pay for it though. Not so special treatment.

When the program has ended, teams had started warming up already as the court was being set up. The gym has four volleyball courts; two will be used by the girls' division, the other two will be used by the boys'. You looked at the pamphlet of the tournament's game format. Fukurodani's first match will be at 11:00 on court D against Ohya Tech High from Hokkaido 1 ​​​​​​.

Scanning around, you saw the Fukurodani volleyball club stretching at the latter part of the gym.

"[Y/N] dear it's time to go~." Tendou sang poking at your cheek.

"Uhm, can you wait for me at the bus? I'll just talk to someone for a sec." not waiting for his reply, you sprinted your way to the team you've been eyeing earlier.

"Keiji!" you called as soon as you reach them.

Akaashi who was on his way to the ball cart was surprised to see you. "[Y/N]." he said, jogging towards you then gave you a warm hug.

"Good luck on your game." you mumbled as your face was buried at his figure..

"Thank you." he answered.

You looked at his face. He's shy and burning red, but he doesn't want to let go of the hug yet. "No injuries please." you said in a worried tone before tucking your face back at his chest.

He hummed then you felt his fingers brushed your hair and said. "No injuries." then gave you a quick peck on the head.

"My, my looks like Akaashi will have a great game today." Suzumeda joked. "Hello [Y/N]-chan." she greeted after.

Finally breaking the hug, you politely bowed to the team in embarrassment as you realized you suddenly barged in them while they were preparing for an official match. "Sorry for the intrusion, good luck on your game." you said.

"And no injuries." Bokuto yelled and it made you turned red in an instant.

"Ahh, yeah. I, I will go now. The team's waiting for me." where your last words before running away from them.

"Done giving your good luck charms to your boyfriend?" Tendou who actually didn't left without you and stayed has seen the commotion you've caused from afar.