XVII Let Me Go

It's day four of the Nationals and the start of the quarterfinals. Shiratorizawa has beaten a lot of teams to made it this far just like last year. One more win then we will advance to semis then finals. All we have to do is beat them, beat Fukurodani Academy.

You grab a ball and tossed it to Yamagata who receives it gracefully connecting to Shirabu and he was able to set it right to Ushijima. He's still avoiding me.

On the other side you see the owls warming up as well as there are only two minutes left before the match will start between Shiratorizawa Academy and Fukurodani Academy. Winner will advance to the semifinals the losing team will bound to go home.

"Team huddle!" Coach Washijo yelled and the players gathered around him. You picked up some stray balls and placed them on the cart before joining the others.

"The team we're facing is the same team who sent us home last year." coach said "But we aren't the same team anymore, we trained you harder for this day. Show them what you've got."

Ushijima raised his hand in between the huddle as the others held on it including you. "This is where we can evaluate ourselves if we had grown enough, don't hesitate and give your all."

"Shiratorizawa!"

"Fight!"

Before the game starts the starting players were introduced first. Unlike the usual, this game is televised and highly anticipated by others.

"Starting line up for Fukurodani Gakuen"

"Number 4 Captain, Wing spiker, Bokuto Koutaro."

"Number 2 Midlle Blocker, Washio Tatsuki ."

"Number 3 Wing spiker, Sarukui Yamato ."

"Number 5 Setter, Akaashi Keiji."

"Number 7 Wing Spiker, Konoha Akinori."

"Number 12 Middle Blocker, Onaga Wataru."

"Libero Number 11, Haruki Komi."

"Head coach Mr. Yameji Takeyuji."

The crowd goes wild as Fukurodani's players step inside the court. You looked at the players from your side. I believe in them. You mumbled to your breath. You scanned each and one of before gazing into Ushijima. "I believe in you."

"Starting line up for Shiratorizawa Gakuen"

"Number 1 Captain, Wing spiker, Ushijima Wakatoshi."

"Number 3 Wing spiker, Ohira Reon."

"Number 5 Middle Blocker, Tendou Satori ."

"Number 8 Wing Spiker, Goshiki Tsutomu."

"Number 10 Setter, Shirabu Kenjiro."

"Number 12 Middle Blocker, Kawanishi Taichi."

"Libero Number 14, Yamagata Hayato."

"Head coach Mr. Washijo Tanji"

Then the match finally started.

Akaashi was the one of served the ball first and yamagata was able to received it well towards Shirabu.

"Ushijima-san!" He yelled

And there goes Ushijima, flying in thin air as he arched his back with his arm ready to hit the ball, it was a magnificent sight. You've seen it a lot of times already but you can never get used to it. his form is god-like. Then he had hit the ball hard, although Komi was there to dug it, it bounced off of his arms making Shiratorizawa earned the first point.