XIII Catch You

You can hear the familiar sound of the shoes squeaking as it made contact on the volleyball court while you walk your way at the gym. Anxiously, you slowly opened the door and the cool breeze from the air conditioner blew you a kiss. Why am I here? It's kinda sad to know that I don't have enough friends and I'm stuck with those two. You said to yourself.

Today is is just a normal day for most of the students, but not for you. Last night, you decided to send your boss a request letter indicating that you would want to be part of the official media staff for the Interhigh Nationals next month. This was the only way I could see Akaashi play and also to support my friends from the volleyball team; both from my school and Fukurodani. You reasoned out.

"[Y/N] dear you're here~!" Tendou welcomed you withan open arms but you refused to be trapped on a sweaty man right now.

"Please Tendou I'm not in the mood." you said.

Tendou raised a brow and followed you along the bleachers. You look around and noticed some players were playing and the others weren't. They're maybe on a break.

"What bad air flew your moody ass in here then?" he teased.

You let out a sigh.

"Nothing, I'm just wasting time." you said refusing to tell the exact reason why you set foot on the volleyball gymnasium. It's true that you were wasting some time. Why? Because you're to scared to go home. You knew by this time your boss has responded to your e-mail. I don't want to know yet. What if It got rejected? When will I ever see Akaashi again?

Ushijima who then saw you tlaking with Tendou came over to meet you as well.

"She's not in the mood." Tendou mouthed.

"Something's bothering you?" Ushijima asked.

You were startled by his inquiry. "Oh? Oh no, no. I'm just here to ask if you guys wanna hang out? After practice?" you asked.

"Ohohoho? The mighty [Y/N] asking us to hangout? That's new~!" Tendou shrieked. "'m sorry [Y/N] dear but I already have plans. But Wakatoshi right here doesn't so have fun with him!" he said pushing Wakatoshi near you almost like shooing the two of you out before running towards the others.

"Well I guess it's just the two of us then." you said faking some laughs. This is awkward, we haven't yet to talk.

"Hmmm." he nodded. "Want to go already?" he asked and you looked at him confused.

"Already? What about practice?" You asked as you look at the others around the gym. Goshiki's having some spiking drills with Shirabu as Yamagata receives on the other side. Reon and Kawanishi were talking at the sidelines and semi's at the corner tossing some volleyball at the wall.

"We're off of for today." he simply replied.

"Really? Okay." you responded

"Wait for me here, I'll change." he said and you gave him a nod.

It didn't took him long enough to freshen up and get changed then the two of you went out of the gym without even saying a word to the others. As you were not in a hyper mood today, Ushijima doesn't want to get grilled by his teammates again just like what they did to him on that saturday night,.

"So uhm, where do you want to hang out Ushijima-kun?" you awkwardly asked almost sounding like a shy girl, far from your normal demeanor and Ushijima noticed that right away.

"You can tell me what's been bothering you [Y/N]." He bluntly said.

I didn't know he's this attentive.