Wakas

Does She Know?

Wakas
You are my medicine

📎Cryzler Crimson's POV📎

"Congratulations!"

I almost covered my ears when my sister shouted right at my ears. "Ang galing galing ng anak ko. You are finally a good and a legal doctor." Mom hugged me.

"Hindi pa naman sigurado kung mabuting doctor 'yan." Dad joked at ngumiti nalamang ako.

We did graduation pictures pagkatapos ay umuwi na sa bahay. Mom decided na magkaroon ng handaan but I prefer a simple life. Ayokong kada achievement ko magkakaroon ako ng celebration, then how about my downs?

My graduation was the greatest achievement I had. I was so proud of myself as I stare at my own diploma. Nagbar exam muna ako and on the first take, hindi ko alam kung suwerte but I passed in one try.

Hindi na ako nagtake ng bakasiyon hindi katulad ng suggestion ni Mom na magpahinga muna. My hands wanted to do some operation. 'Yong totoo na, nasa fields. I mean, I wanted to gain experience.

Simula bata pa ako, there's this hospital that I was always aiming. I thought to myself that once I've become a doctor I'll work for that hospital. The Orange Private Hospital. It was owned by Lacsamana.

I got accepted and it was hard because all of my senior surgeons are strict, wala pa akong nakukuhang matinong operation dahil walang ipagkatiwala saakin. It was so hard to climb the ladder. I almost got no sleep dahil palagi akong over time.

Nagrereklamo na nga si Lumi na kailangan kong magpahinga and that I always smell anesthetic and that was a given. Iyon ang una kong puwesto, magturok niyon.

I was really tired one day, nakakailang buwan na ako ngunit hindi pa ako nakakapaghandle ng isang operation. This time, a critical patient was brought to the Emergency room. Pinatawag kaagad ako bilang assistant, the patient was about to die but the surgeon was giving up even though there's still a heart beat.

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko. There's a way to save the man. I pushed him aside and did what I had to do. He survived. The nurse inside cheered for me and I was relieved that he actually lived. I was confident though.

The surgeon was mad at me and that night I was called on to the director's office. I thought the director would be an old man and will start to scold me. Pero isang lalaking mas matanda lamang siguro saakin ng ilang taon ang nakaupo roon.

He looked at me and smile, "You are Dr. Crimson, am I right?" Tumango ako and slid my hands inside my pockets. "I heard about what happened—"

"I did what I had to do. Nabuhay ang pasiyente, kung hindi ko ginawa iyon he could've died!" Giit ko but he sighed. Is he going to fire me? Just like that?

Ngayon pang nahawakan ko na ang scalpel? Ngayon pang nakapagligtas ako ng buhay?

"I just wanted to say, you did good. If it aren't for you, we could've lost a life. Gusto sana kitang kausapin so you could start getting more operation jobs. What do you think?"

Dr. Juston Lacsamana promoted me. I receive so many surgery and I was immediately knows by other doctors. Mom and Dad was delighted.

Those jobs was followed by another and another and all successful. Juston and I got along. Tinawag niya akong kaibigan so I called him one too. He said he trusts me and I don't like wasting someone's trust.