[8] 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘁𝗲

𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆, Bree was the only one in the house

𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆, Bree was the only one in the house. Shocker. The Pogues pulled up to the front of the house seeing no cars in the driveway besides the girls Jeep.

"I'll go get her." Pope said hopping out of the van. He went into the backyard and climbed up the tree and onto her balcony.

He opened the door, that was surprisingly unlocked. He walked in and saw Bree sleeping, hair all over her face.

He chuckled grabbing a pillow and whacking her in the face. She woke up and groaned.

"Get up." He said throwing the pillow back onto the bed.

"Why?" She asked, still half asleep.

"John B is taking us somewhere." Pope said making Bree groan and pull her blanket over herself.

"I'm not going." She muttered, mentally panicking as wondered if her friendship was due to the kiss.

"Why?" Pope asked noticing the girls slight panic as he pulled the blanket off of her. "You got something better to do?"

"Yes. Sleep." She replied. Pope rolled his eyes.

"Is anyone home?" Pope asked. She shook her head. He walked out her bedroom door and down the steps walking to the front door.

"She says she's not coming." Pope said walking to the van and getting back in.

"Why?" JJ asked before getting jealous and looking at John B. "What'd you do to her John B?"

"Shit!" JB exclaimed. "Give me a sec." John B said going to get out of the car, only to be held back by JJ.

"What did you do?" JJ asked again.

"I, um, I kiss her, it was a in the moment thing, and I thought she would kiss back and she did, I'm mean I thought," JB said as JJ's eyes flash with hurt. "Until she totally rejected me."

John B looked at JJ and became worried that he had just ruined his friendship with the blonde boy.

"Geez, that's rough bro." JJ chuckled masking his emotions. It was what he was best at.

"Yeah." John B said unsure of JJs reaction. He got out of the car and into the house going to the girls room.

JJ stared at the dashboard, with no emotions shown. But his mind has a million thoughts running.

They kissed. She kissed back. Did he lose his chance? Did he even have a chance? Come on JJ of course you didn't have a chance. She was Bree Thornton. The Drifter. He knew she liked John B. Not him. Why would she like him?

John B looked around and saw the girl walking out of her closet with a fresh pair of flannel pants and crop top. She thought she should change out of her dirty clothes if she was going to bed.