Chapter 74

Ye Zhou was delighted. He took his ID card and said, "Thank you, brother."

"Where were you planning to go tonight? Should I help you book a room?"

Ye Zhou hurriedly said goodbye to Shang Jin and hung up the phone. He looked at the text on the phone that showed the flight information. "No, I'm going back to A City."

"Wasn't your flight for tomorrow?"

"Shang Jin just bought me a ticket for this evening..."

Ye Heng sat next to Ye Zhou, ordered a cup of hot cocoa and marveled, "He's afraid that you'd be wronged."

Ye Zhou stirred the coffee with a small spoon. "How would it come to being wronged and not? I've long expected this result. Actually, I'm not really sad either."

"You really didn't find Shang Jin because you were pissed off?"

Ye Zhou said incredulously, "How can that be?" If Ye Heng knew the "ill-fated relationship" between him and Shang Jin, he would never ask such a question. If it wasn't sincere, even if he were beaten to death, he would be unwilling to find his "enemy" to put on an act.

"Then I'll send you to the airport in awhile." The waiter brought the hot cocoa to Ye Heng. Ye Heng took a sip and said, "Now, I also don't want to bother with going back."

"Why don't you take a walk with me? Anyways, going back now is just asking for abuse."

Ye Heng sighed, "I'm not the same as you."

Ye Zhou said sourly, "Oh that's true! You're the parents' pride."

Ye Heng smiled and shook his head. He wasn't referring to his parents' attitude toward him, but his feelings toward his parents.

"Although our parents seem to be good to me, it's just because I can satisfy their vanity. You see, once the image they maintain is tarnished, they immediately turn their faces. What they want is only to let light shine on their faces that people could talk about. Of course, now that they're old, many things they can see through, but can't lay bare, maintaining the harmony on the surface. In fact, ever since leaving home, I never thought of coming back." At that time when he was filling out his choice, Ye Heng wanted to choose the literature major, but Mother Ye made him fill in the finance major. Because Mother Ye had failed to go into business when she was young, she wasted her whole life in school after she married his father. When she had children, she began to impose on her children what she'd not accomplished, hoping that her children could them achieve their ideals. Ye Heng wanted to resist, but he saw Ye Zhou writing assignments in the study room. Originally feeling a bit guilty toward Ye Zhou, he feared that Mother Ye would force these things on Ye Zhou, so he'd agreed.

Who knew that when the time came around, this younger brother actually voluntarily filled in the finance major. But now, he'd already thought it through. After all, the economic foundation decide the superstructure. Being able to grasp the economic side, he had the absolute power to decide and it would be harder for his parents to intervene in any of his affairs.

Ye Zhou lifted his head and looked at Ye Heng in astonishment. This was the first time he'd heard Ye Heng speak so much. It should be known that growing up, he'd always envied that Ye Heng was the treasure in his parents' palms. He didn't expect that what Ye Heng felt towards their parents seemed to be not that deep.

"Things such as emotions are best known by the person experiencing it." Ye Heng looked at the snow drifting outside the window and leaned on the bench. He said, "But I still want to tell you whether they agree or disagree, the days are always yours." The most important point, Ye Heng didn't say. In the TV shows, they always said persevering until the end would move others' unyielding hearts. But life wasn't a TV show. What Ye Zhou wanted was feelings, but their parents only wanted benefits. Taking feelings to exchange for benefits was simply tarnishing Ye Zhou's sincerity.