[37]

---

---

Jasper and I arrived back at the house after a short walk to find out that Jacob had stormed off after Bella refused to terminate her pregnancy. As it was Jacob and he wasn't exactly the most unpredictable person, I could guess, since I was told he wolfed out during his tantrum, that he had gone to tell the rest of the pack. Also knowing them, this would probably result in them thinking the baby was the end of times. 

As I said, Jacob was predictable. So, when he came back and informed Edward that the pack was coming to kill Bella so that her child would never be born, I was pissed but not surprised. 

Edward let him in to explain to everyone what he knew.

"Sam's lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head-on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity," Jacob informed. 

I sighed, glaring slightly at the wolf. 

"I wonder whose fault all of this is," I hissed. 

Jacob glanced to me, glaring back. I rolled my eyes, flipping him off. He knew I was right. If he had just tried to keep it to himself instead of acting like a child. What was it all for? Revenge on Edward? Killing Edward would only make him feel better for like a week, then he'd have to live with that for the rest of his life. 

"We won't get through without a fight," Emmett told. 

"No fights," Carlisle ordered. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind," Jacob explained. 

"Not in ours," Esme spoke, her voice soft. 

"Carlisle, no one but Sky and Jasper have hunted for weeks. And even they're bordering on a week now. She's a newborn," Emmett voiced. 

"I'll be fine, she's my sister. I'd never hurt her," I insisted. I don't know how many times I would have to tell them. It was getting repetitive and annoying. I'd spent too much of my life with people doubting me, it was tiring. 

"We'll make do," Esme reassured. She sent me a small smile, showing me that she believed in me. I was grateful. 

"You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you," Carlisle addressed. 

---

I snuck out of the Cullen's house and made my way to where Leah was, pausing as I heard her and Jacob talking. I doubt I had successfully snuck out as everyone had vampire hearing I wasn't exactly quiet as I left, but still, no one stopped me. I made it to the porch area before I heard Jacob and Leah's conversation. 

"You know you can't stay here," Jacob stated. 

"But I don't have any place-" Leah began.