*ei g h t : w a r m

I couldn't remember the last time I had felt secure

I gazed at Aris' sleeping form, his shoulders rising and falling gently. Night had fallen and the room was almost completely dark, save for the light streaming in from the artificial lamps outside in the grounds. For the first time in forever, I wasn't regretting the fact that I had had a complete breakdown in front of someone. He had handled it much better than I thought he would. I realized that although his heart was pure and as soft as the naked sun rays kissing the earth at dawn; he was mentally strong.

I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I breathed deeply, taking in his scent. "Are you asleep?"

"You can't wake someone up and ask them that, moron."

I chuckled. "Well, you're awake now."

He sighed and turned around to face me, a soft smile on his lips. "Excellent observation, Hunt."

He moved closer to me, his arms encircling me securely. He snuggled against my chest and for a second I was stunned by how perfect it felt. I took in a deep breath, taking in his intoxicating scent and stroked his back gently, thanking the stars that had brought him to me.

"Aris," I spoke. "What does your name mean?"

He was quiet for a while. When he spoke, his voice was muffled against my chest. "There's a bacterial species that causes pneumonia and stuff."

I burst out laughing. "No way! Do those diseases exist in Obscura as well?"

"Among the humans, yes. Among the Nuvues, not really. It does but is much less dangerous," he sighed exaggeratedly and snuggled in deeper, clutching my t-shirt tightly. "But it's also an old age currency that we had in Evimeria. Gold coins. So basically it means gold," he gazed up at me and my heart did a double-take. "What about you?"

"Strengthened by God," I answered. "There's also some prophet. I don't know. My mom was never big on religion."

I felt strange talking about my mother, remembering the last time that she had appeared as a phantom. The thought still sent a chill down my spine. I gazed at the steadily darkening walls for a while and held him closer. I opened my palm and released an orb of light, gazing at it as it rose to the ceiling and floated there, like liquid light bathing the room in a soft, iridescent white glow. He leaned back slightly and gazed upwards, the silver light shimmering in his alluring irises. "Thanks, Sunshine."

I kissed the top of his head, my heart full. I felt a sudden urge, a need to be closer to him. I smiled and leaned forward to kiss his cheek softly. " I want to know about you. If that's okay with you."

Aris was quiet. "About what?"

"You. Your parents. I want to know about it if you're willing."

His voice sounded somewhat strange when he answered. "There's not much to know," he said. "You know already."