t w e n t y - n i n t h : u n b r o k e n

The warm sun caressed Aris' face as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

He lay still, slowly coming to his senses as he took in the vaguely familiar surroundings. He stretched his arm out, letting the sun rays light his skin. The subtle warmth felt blissful. He sighed softly and turned around, his heart leaping in his chest when he saw Zeke sleeping peacefully beside him.

His heart seemed to swell as he gazed at him.

His eyes were closed, his dark lashes casting shadows on his slightly flushed skin. He lay on his side, his dark hair tumbling over his forehead. His bare chest rising and falling gently. A thin sheet covered the rest of his body and Aris realised with a shock, that he was under the same sheet.

He couldn't believe how stunning he was. How perfectly gorgeous. He pictured his breathtaking eyes fluttering open and looking at him, and his heart wrenched in painful pleasure.

He moved closer to him till Zeke stirred. He buried his face in his neck, kissing it softly as he whispered. "Morning, Sunshine."

Zeke's arm enclosed around Aris as he pulled him close, sighing softly. "Morning."

Aris took in a deep breath, his stomach knotting as he inhaled his musky, seductive scent. His morning voice. Deep. Silky. Aris felt his stomach clench pleasurably.

"Fuck, Sunshine," he whispered, trailing kisses to his chest, "I love you so fucking much. When did this happen?"

"You do have a penchant for trouble, Greenwood," Zeke answered, stroking his back gently.

"I just realised ...we might have to wash the sheets," Aris said, his voice muffled as he snuggled closer to Zeke.

Zeke chuckled softly. "I think it would be funnier if we just left it here."

Aris laughed. "He'll probably start crying."

"Is that really so bad?"

Zeke rested his chin on top of Aris' head, drawing him in closer. "I could get used to this."

Aris couldn't help a stupid smile from spreading on his face.

"You can cook right?" Zeke said after a while.

Aris leaned back to stare at him. "You can't?"

Zeke laughed softly. "I can do the basics. Boil an egg. Scramble. Fry. Sandwich. But anything more than that and I'll probably fuck it up."

"You're lucky that I'm basically a bona fide chef then." Aris disentangled himself from his arms, yearning to feel his warmth again immediately. But he was starving already.

"I'll go get something ready. Any preferences?"

Zeke smiled softly as Aris got to his feet. His intoxicating eyes travelled down his body, lingering near his waist before back again leaving Aris breathless. "Sorry, didn't hear you. Can you repeat?"