7: "You're an asshole."

Chapter 7: "You're an asshole." 

When the mass was over, people began slowly exiting the church.

Charlie and Elijah stayed seated, waiting until the priest walked over to them.

"My good men, please come with me to my office."

Elijah looked to Jasper.

"Take Maya with you and stay by the cars," he ordered.

I felt annoyed.

Why didn't they just let me stay at home?

Jasper looked just as irritated as me, but lead me out of the church nevertheless.

"You stay here," he gruffly instructed, once we reached the parked cars. "I have to make a call."

"Fine," I muttered, taking a seat on the hood of Charlie's Corvette.

Without another word, Jasper turned around and walked back near the front of the church with his phone pressed to his ear. 

I took out my own phone.

I had contemplated texting my "siblings", but decided against it. If those fuckers really didn't care about me, then neither did I.

A few minutes passed and almost everyone had exited the church by now. 

I noticed a few of Elijah's bodyguards at the entrance of the church. I wondered how much money he spent on protection and why he needed so much of it. 

My eyes fell on a tall, blond guy standing a few cars over, with another older man. They were laughing loudly, and the blond guy was sporting a super cute smile. 

I continued to discreetly stare for a few moments, before the older man said goodbye to blond dude.

Blondie began walking over in my direction and I quickly looked down at my phone, randomly typing things in order to look busy.

"Hello! I haven't seen you here before."

I looked up to see Blondie casually standing in front of me, his hands pocketed in his khaki-colored jeans. 

"Uh, yeah. It's my first time," I replied.

"You American?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

His eyes were bright blue and shining because of the sunlight over top of us. It was hard not to drool over him. 

"Yup. I, uh, moved here a few days ago."

"That's cool. I come to this church every Sunday, it's a pretty nice one."

"Oh, yeah. I loved the service," I lied.

I thought it was mind-numbingly boring.

The blond guy brandished a dazzling smile at my response.

"I'm Tyler. Pleasure to meet you," he said, shaking my hand.

His English accent made me wet.

"Maya. My name is Maya," I smiled, taking in the fragrance of his cologne. "Nice to meet you too."

"See you around, Maya," Tyler grinned, before getting into his blue car and driving away.

Oh, how I wished.

Within seconds, Jasper returned, looking slightly less irritated.

I wiped the smile off immediately, and went back to using my phone.

Jasper didn't say anything, and leaned on the Maserati, facing away from me.

After about ten minutes, Elijah and Charlie finally walked out of the church.