29: "Don't talk about her."

Chapter 29: "Don't talk about her."

When I got to my room, I quickly called Charlie, who picked up on the first ring.

"What's up, buttercup?"

"Charlie, Jasper wants us to go out today," I impatiently said, cutting straight to the chase.

"Yeah, he already told me. What's wrong?"

"Elijah said that today was Mom's death anniversary and that I should stay away from Jasper."

Silence.

"I guess Jasper hasn't remembered yet. I suppose it's good for him."

"Good for him?" I repeated. "What if he remembers half way to...the aquarium and goes crazy?"

"Kid, I don't think he'll lose control like that. He's getting better at managing things. Maybe he does remember and he's okay with it."

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then don't remind him."

"Can't you call Jasper and tell him not go out today," I whined, not wanting to have to face Crazy Jasper later on.

"He says he enjoyed spending time with you last week. If I tell him no then he'll definitely know something's up."

Well it wasn't me whom he had enjoyed spending time with. 

"So you're telling me I have no choice?"

"I'm telling you not to worry about it. I'm sure he'll be fine."

I grumbled and say goodbye to Charlie before changing my clothes and going back downstairs, where Jasper was still waiting.

He handed me Benji back and led me out to his Maserati.

"Are we visiting Nadia again?" I asked, as I took my seat.

"We aren't doing anything. I'm going to visit her, and you and the dog are going to wait in the car, without leaving this time," Jasper curtly replied.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"That's none of your business."

"Well, I don't want to stay in the car for two hours," I argued. "Why can't you drop us off someplace else and then pick us up when you're done?"

"Can't leave you anywhere without a bodyguard," he answered, not even bothering to look at me.

"You're leaving me in the car alone," I pointed out.

"It has tinted windows and locks that only I can open from the outside, and the dashboard has a security camera that I can access from my phone. I get alerts sent if anyone tries to break in. Nothing's happening to you in the car."

"There's a security camera in here?!"

Jasper pointed to a small hole right beside one of the ac vents in the middle. I looked to see a blinking red light. 

"How do you think I knew that you left the car last week?" he smirked.

Damn.

I stayed quiet for the rest of the ride, simply petting Benji as he slept in my lap.

Once again, Jasper parked in front of the apartment building, and locked the car before leaving. He gave me another warning, saying he wouldn't take Benji back home with us if I left the car this time.

Therefore, I obediently sat in the car, snoozing off at one point.

When Jasper returned, it was much darker outside.