I.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"akaashi-kun, ya called for me?" the blond haired boy arrived just in time despite the heavy traffic that he went through just five minutes ago.

as soon as he received a text from one of the high-ranking demons, he knew immediately that he was finally getting assigned to someone from the human world.

"ah yes, atsumu-san. i'm glad you're on time today." the black haired male stood up from his chair and went to one of the huge cabinets that was inside his office.

"ya make it sound like i rarely arrive on time, 'kaashi-kun." atsumu frowned. he and akaashi were close friends since he sometimes helps high-ranking demons with paperworks.

akaashi ignored atsumu and proceeded on looking for a certain folder containing informations about the human that's gonna be stuck with atsumu as their guardian devil.

you see, once a human reaches the age of 18, they will have a guardian angel and devil. but of course they cannot see them. they're just there to suggest things and convince the human to do this and that.

and atsumu was a guardian devil, though he wasn't assigned to a particular human yet. not until today.

"i guess you already have an idea as to why i called you here, atsumu-san?" akaashi sat back down with atsumu sitting on the other side of his table.

on the table was a black folder with the words 'KOZUME KENMA'. atsumu was still a little bit confused about this whole guardian devil thing, but he decided to just shut up cause for sure akaashi's gonna explain it to him later on.

"i have a mission, right?" he asked as he eyed the folder in front of him. akaashi sighed playfully and started to explain things. see, atsumu was right.

"you're finally gonna be assigned to a human, atsumu-san. his name is kozume kenma, a college freshman," akaashi handed the folder to atsumu, which he gladly accepted.

"it's up to you to balance out the things that he does in his life. i mean, being good all the time is definitely boring, right? i'm sure you know that."

atsumu was now reading the information that was inside the black folder that his friend handed him just seconds ago.

"he's in love with his bestfriend, huh? now that's kinda cute." atsumu chuckled as he read the notes from the second page.

"ah, really? that's cute, indeed. anyway, you'll start tomorrow." the man in front of him said as he took a sip from his coffee.

"this means that i'll be working with an angel, right?" he asked as he closed the folder and placed it on his lap. akaashi just nodded.

"do ya also have the information about my partner, 'kaashi-kun?"

"i'm afraid not, atsumu-san. after all, i'm an archdemon and not an archangel." akaashi replied with that monotonous tone of his.

atsumu chuckled and finally stood up, about to leave akaashi's office. "yer right. sorry about that and thanks a lot, 'kaashi-kun!" he said and waved goodbye to his friend.