VIII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"atsumu, are you
gonna go back to hell
today?"

atsumu immediately faced sakusa as soon as he heard him say 'atsumu'. sakusa gave him a confused look since he was smirking and sakusa wanted to punch his face.

"what?"

"ya called me
atsumu."

sakusa stared at him blankly.

"isn't that your
name?"

"it's the first time
ya called me atsumu
and not miya."

"okay? just answer
my question, jeez."

"oh, right.
yeah, i'll go back today
to report and shit.
i also have a few
questions, so, yeah."

sakusa hummed softly, looking away. atsumu faced him and tilted his head to the side.

"why'd ya ask, omi?
are ya going back, too?"

"i go back everyday,
miya."

"aw, ya called me miya
again."

atsumu pouted jokingly before laughing.

they were both sitting on a bench not so far away from kenma's dorm. it was already night time and the latter was already asleep, which means they are free to go if they want to.

just this afternoon, atsumu decided to go back to hell instead of staying at kenma's place till the next day since he had a few questions in mind. most of them are about his past life or like who was he before he became a guardian devil.

he didn't know why he suddenly thought about that, but maybe spending time with kenma and his friends made him curious about his life before.

sakusa always went back to heaven after making sure that kenma was asleep, leaving atsumu behind. he never forgets to ask atsumu if it was okay for him to be alone. the latter didn't mind.

"hey, i'll go on first."

sakusa stood up, brushing away the invisible dust on his coat. atsumu looked up and nodded, smiling a little.

"yeah, sure."

sakusa gave atsumu one last look before nodding.

"take care, omi."

"you too."

and just like that, sakusa vanished.