II.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"sakusa, wait up!"

sakusa turned around only to see his cousin, komori, running towards him. he could've used his wings to fly, but he didn't. he just stood there and waited for him.

"you're early today, sakusa," komori said as soon as he reached him. he slightly nodded and started walking with komori towards the building where they worked at.

komori noticed how sakusa's eyes looked extra tired today plus the fact that he had dark circles under his eyes, which he usually do not have since the guy sleeps early.

"ennoshita-san told me last night that he has something important for me and told me to come early," sakusa explained and put his hands deep inside his pocket.

last night when he was just about to fall asleep, he received a text message from one of the high-ranking angels. at first he was confused since he wasn't that close to them, but then he realized that it must have something to do with work.

he opened the message.

ennoshita
good evening, sakusa.
i'm sorry for texting at this hour, but i need you to come to work extra early tomorrow. i have something important for you.

he read it again and again before actually replying.

sakusa
sure, ennoshita-san. thank
you for informing me. good night.

after hitting send, he turned off his phone and charged it. he then went straight to his bed and stared at the ceiling for a long time.

he was thinking about what would be so important that they want him to arrive there extra early. he scoffed. 'he should've informed me earlier,' he thought, but realized that it wasn't ennoshita's fault. he was just doing his job.

after how many minutes, or even hours of overthinking, he decided to fall asleep since he still has to arrive there extra early.

so that explains the dark circles under his eyes.

back to reality.

they arrived at the building and was now waiting for the elevator door to open. they talked about random things until they finally reached the floor where they worked at.

"i'll head straight to ennoshita-san's office," he informed komori who just nodded and waved at him enthusiastically. 'how does he do that?'  he thought.

sakusa walked towards his destination and stopped as soon as he reached a grey door. he knocked and heard someone say "come in," before entering.

he was greeted by a smiling ennoshita. he bowed before sitting on the empty chair that was infront of the table.

"good morning, sakusa. sorry you had to come early, but i just wanted to inform you sooner so that you can have the rest of the day to yourself," ennoshita immediately said, which made sakusa more confused.

"huh? why is that?"

"ah, you're finally assigned to someone! here's his files," he handed sakusa a white folder which read 'kozume kenma', "you're gonna start tomorrow, so you're free to go after this."

he opened the file and read some information about this kozume kenma guy. after a few seconds, he decided to read the rest at home.

"thanks a lot, ennoshita-san. i'll get going now," he stood up and bowed once again. ennoshita gave him a big smile before waving, "if you have any questions, just ask, okay?" sakusa just nodded and smiled at him to show his gratitude.

on his way out, he thought about how he's going to handle this. it's gonna be easy since he just have to convince the human to do good deeds.

and that's how his mind wandered off to someone who he hasn't met yet. 'i wonder what the guardian devil is like' he thought, 'they're probably evil, duh,' he mentally rolled his eyes.

"i hope tomorrow is gonna be okay."