XXIII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

sakusa ignored the message from his friend, not wanting to go back just yet. he wanted to live everyday to the fullest with this sunshine beside him.

but upon reading sunarin's message, worry started to grow inside of him. it seemed like the guy was serious when he texted.

atsumu noticed the distressed look on sakusa and stared at him with a pair of worried eyes.

"omi? is everything
alright? you look...
worried..."

sakusa's eyes met atsumu's worried ones. he gave the latter a reassuring smile since he didn't want to worry him.

"i'm good, just
received a text
from work."

atsumu hummed, studying sakusa's face for a while.

"did they ask you
to go back?"

atsumu's voice was soft, as if he was being careful not to say something wrong.

sakusa sighed.

"yeah, but i don't
think it's urgent.
it was just-"

sakusa's phone suddenly rang, causing the both of them to jump slightly.

sakusa checked who it was and the worry he was feeling a while ago rose again.

"sorry, tsumu, i have
to answer this. it'll
be quick."

"no, no, take your
time! i'll wait here."

atsumu smiled at sakusa to reassure him. the latter only nodded before walking away from atsumu.

"rin? what's wrong?"

there wasn't an answer, but he was sure he heard people chattering, and the sounds of metal... or chains? sakusa wasn't quite sure.

"rinta-"

"k-kiyoomi..."

"i texted you, didn't
i? you need to come
back right now.
you're not safe there."

"they said if you
won't be back soon
they'll come for you
there."

suna's voice was shaky and he sounded like he was catching his breath, sakusa thought.

"can you please
tell me what's
happening first?"

"rintarou, i'm worried."