IX.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

and just like that, sakusa vanished.

atsumu decided to stay a little longer in the human realm. he realized that he has all the time to ask akaashi about things.

it was past 11pm and he was the only one in there. no human or other beings around. he found comfort in the silence, lowkey reminding him of sakusa.

it's just been days since they both first met, but he was already comfortable around the black haired angel. spending time with sakusa made him acknowledge the silence that was always with them.

he sighed and looked up at the sky. the moon was shining bright, no clouds were to be seen. it was beautiful.

this was his favorite part of the day. just after sakusa disappears to go back to heaven, atsumu always comes here to relax and get his mind off things.

he can always go back to hell anytime, but he always chose to stay in the human realm. he would sit down at the bench, but most of the time, he would roam around.

he always finds himself in the same place everytime he roams around every night. it was in front of a hospital.

he tried to go inside and find out what made him so fond of that place, but he doesn't see or sense anything that sparks his interest, aside from bokuto who he once found standing next to a patient who was lying in bed.

it was weird.

he wanted to know the reason, but no matter how hard he tried, he doesn't get an answer. that's also one of the questions he wanted to ask akaashi.

spending time in the human real, with humans, made atsumu wonder what his life was like before this all happened.

was he a human? was he a rock? a fox? did he have friends like kenma? did he have someone he was in love with just like kenma?

those were just some of the questions that lingered in his mind. it was too early for those, he thought. he wanted to do a good job with his new mission and so far, he's been doing great.

sakusa was a great help, too. even though the latter acts like he doesn't care about atsumu, deep down, he knows he does.

it was obvious in the way he would ask atsumu if he was okay being left alone, asking him if it was okay to put on his earphones, and many others. for atsumu, it's the small things that matter.

he chuckled at the thought of sakusa.

"jeez, laughing all
by yerself? that's
kinda scary."