-13-

In the hotel lobby, Seo-hee finds Hyun-joong smiling at his phone as he messages Yoo-na, and she asks if Yoo-na knows about his plans to accompany his younger sister into the afterlife

In the hotel lobby, Seo-hee finds Hyun-joong smiling at his phone as he messages Yoo-na, and she asks if Yoo-na knows about his plans to accompany his younger sister into the afterlife. He responds that Yoo-na only knows that he's waiting for his sister, and Seo-hee doesn't ask any further.

A guest enters the hotel, and Seo-hee's expression hardens in recognition. As Hyun-joong greets him, Seo-hee interrupts and leads him into the hotel. In the elevator, Seo-hee confirms that the guest is Yoon Seung-beom, the eldest grandson of the Myungjoo Yoon family line, age 42. She then confirms that he never married and smiles vindictively, saying that it's a pity that the family won't have an heir to carry on the family name.

Bartender Kim spots Seo-hee dressed in a fancy black mourning outfit and likens her to Man-wol. Seo-hee informs him that her grudge will be resolved soon, as the last son of the Yoon family has died. She's heading to the funeral.

Bartender Kim warns her not repeat her actions from 42 years ago, and she assures him that these are different circumstances. Unlike the anger she felt 42 years ago, she feels happy as she's heading to her in-law family's home.

Chan-sung and Man-wol wait for Sanchez to come home so that Man-wol can apologize for being callous about Veronica's passing. Chan-sung orders her to assure Sanchez that she escorted Veronica to the bridge to the afterlife. Man-wol scoffs that she couldn't have escorted Veronica to the bridge because she's never been there. Once you step foot on the bridge, you can never return.

Man-wol says that she could assure Sanchez that Veronica is well on her way across the bridge, and Chan-sung wonders how long this bridge is for Veronica to still be walking across it. Man-wol explains that time flows differently in the living world and the afterworld. The short time it takes for the spirits to cross equates to 49 days in the living world.

As the spirits walk across the bridge, their memories from the living world gradually disappear. It's not that the spirits can't return to the living world — they don't return because they've lost their memories. Chan-sung comments that it's a lonesome thought for those who are left behind, and Man-wol promises one thing: "I've been here for 1,300 years. If I cross that bridge, I'll erase many memories, but I'll keep your memories until the end."

With mixed emotions, Chan-sung trusts Man-wol to keep her promise and asks how she'll remember him. Man-wol says that she'll remember all the instances that he feared for her fate as a reincarnated pig or dog — selling all her cars, disallowing the yacht purchase, taking all her credit cards. She shakes her head at all the aggravating memories, but Chan-sung proudly acknowledges his accomplishments.

Man-wol wags her finger and says that she'll probably remember his arrogance until the very end, predicting that she'll remember "Harvard" instead of "Gu Chan-sung." Haa. Then, Man-wol notices her belonging on her desk, marked with her signature slashed circle. Chan-sung jokes that he may have stolen some other things and tells her look around, and while she looks away, he draws something on his hand.