-14-

On the day of his betrayal, Chung-myung had found his men burning the belongings of Man-wol's now-dead band

On the day of his betrayal, Chung-myung had found his men burning the belongings of Man-wol's now-dead band. He had rescued Yeon-woo's lute, placing it with the rest of the belongings and adding the moon ornament he'd bought for Man-wol, which was then stained with blood.

He's spent all these years near Man-wol as an unnoticed firefly, and he finds Chan-sung wandering confused in the tunnel to the afterlife. Man-wol hugs Chan-sung tightly when he emerges, but when he raises his hand to caress her the way he did just before he died, she staggers back and asks, "Who are you?"

Bartender Kim and Seo-hee join them, and Bartender Kim smacks Chan-sung's arm, which shocks him back to his senses. He apologizes for worrying Man-wol, who's still glaring at him mistrustfully, and she turns back towards the hotel without a word. Nearby, the firefly flickers dimly.

Man-wol stomps to her office to guzzle champagne straight from the bottle, rattled by the reminder of Chung-myung's embrace before he died. She drinks again at the memory of Dark Mago telling her that Chan-sung would bring Chung-myung to her, gasping, "It can't be. Chan-sung can't be him."

Mago stands at the entrance to the afterlife tunnel, musing that Man-wol will be severely swayed by a tiny firefly. She notices that the firefly's light is weak as she gently cradles it in her hand.

Bartender Kim makes Chan-sung a drink, and Seo-hee expresses her relief that Chan-sung made it back safely without losing either time or his memory. Bartender Kim asks if he saw anything strange in the tunnel, but all Chan-sung remembers is something twinkling in the darkness, then waking up outside the tunnel.

Finally Man-wol shows herself, but her expression is wary. Chan-sung explains that he entered the tunnel looking for the living boy, and he reassures Man-wol that he's fine. Man-wol tentatively places a hand over Chan-sung's heart, and after a long moment, she opens her eyes and says, "You're just Gu Chan-sung."

She asks if he still sees her in his dreams, and Chan-sung admits that he hasn't told her about his latest dream. He says he saw Chung-myung waiting for her alone by a lake holding a moon-shaped ornament, but Man-wol says she never received such a gift.

Chan-sung asks what that was, if not a dream of her memories. Man-wol reminds him that at first, he thought he was seeing his own memories of a past life, but they agree that that's not possible. Chan-sung asks if she's nervous because of the way Seo-hee and Yeon-woo were reincarnated and ended up together. Man-wol says determinedly that she won't end up like them because that was their past lives, but for her, it all happened in her current life.

The little boy is returned to his father by Yoo-na, who says she found him asleep at a bus stop and took him to the hospital to treat a mild fever. The boy tells his father that he went to the hotel to see his mom, but Yoo-na attributes his story to a dream, and the dad promises to tell his son the truth about his mom when he's older.