-16-final

Mago and Reaper meet in an ancient forest, where a young girl lies unconscious beside her dead parents

Mago and Reaper meet in an ancient forest, where a young girl lies unconscious beside her dead parents. They're surprised to see her still alive, and Mago asks Reaper not to take her yet as he'd planned. Reaper says the girl won't last long, but Mago replies that you never know what might happen in that short amount of time.

Sure enough, soon a man (awww, it's Oh Ji-ho again!) and his young son happen by, and the boy realizes that the girl is still alive. He gives her water and tells her that her parents have gone to the Guest House of the Moon, a place he heard about from a grandmother who sells medicine.

He asks the girl her name, so she traces a circle with a line through it on the palm of his hand and tells him, "Man-wol. The moon."

Present Man-wol wonders out loud to Chan-sung if they met in a past life, considering how long she's been alive. Chan-sung says that sometimes it takes that long for people to meet, just like it takes millennia for the light from Orion to reach their eyes. Man-wol asks where Orion is in the sky, but Chan-sung says it can only be seen in winter.

This reminds Man-wol that Mago told her that after the next full moon, the energy of the moon will be withdrawn from Hotel del Luna. There will be no more new guests, and the hotel will cease to exist.

Man-wol asks Chan-sung to show her a different constellation, but he admits that he doesn't know that much about stars. She snaps at him for ruining the mood, sneering that he could have pointed at any star and lied and she would have pretended to be impressed. LOL, Chan-sung's face.

He calls himself her dazzling star, and they both laugh at the cheesy line. Man-wol looks up at Chan-sung adoringly as she says he's the only star she needs, then squishes his face and coos at him. Chan-sung returns the gesture (that would have gotten him killed not that long ago) and calls her his lucky charm.

Man-wol mentions his fear that she'll be reincarnated as chicken soup, looking genuinely concerned about it now. Chan-sung says he'll just be her side salad, which cheers her up, and they snuggle as they look up at the stars.

Bartender Kim stands at the entrance to the afterlife tunnel, wracked with shame after learning that a book may be published that says he was ostracized after writing salacious stories. He wonders if he should leave first, but he remembers his promise to say goodbye to Hyun-joong and Seo-hee, and he's tortured by indecision.

Concerned, Seo-hee tells Man-wol that Bartender Kim is missing. When she mentions Bartender Kim's full name, Man-wol's expression darkens and she demands to know which guest spoke ill of him. She meets with the newly-deceased writer, who explains that his book is fiction, but is based on a real person.

Chan-sung and Man-wol head to the publisher's office, prepared to buy the only copy of the manuscript from him. Chan-sung is worried that Bartender Kim will do something to harm a human, but Man-wol is certain Bartender Kim is too gentle to ever do that.