THE BOARDERS: 48

Lo

Of course; we're back to this. Only now I'm ready; I don't have any reservations. Sam's eyes darken as his mouth hovers just before mine, his gaze dropping to my lips. The overwhelming scent of him—so male my stomach hurts—is intoxicating. My eyes flutter closed.

"Is that a yes, Lo?" His eyes are hooded with desire, and though he's called me Lo a few times over the past weeks, it still sets loose a whole flood of butterflies in my stomach. I grin. It's more than a yes, but I want to make him work for it, just one more time. After this, I have a feeling we won't ever be able to keep our hands off each other again.

"What do you want?" He asks. His gaze burns into me, reading every ounce of desire on my face. He watches my reaction closely as he drops a hand to my hip, pulling our bodies flush. The sudden proximity makes me gasp, and Sam's reaction...I can feel it under his jeans.

"If you want me to kiss you, you gotta tell me, Somers." His voice is low.

'Why?" I'm acting childish, but I'm too far gone to care.

"Because I want to hear it." Sam brings a hand to my hair, the other running slowly under the thin fabric of my t-shirt. His skin is warm over my cold stomach.

"Why don't you tell me that you want to kiss me?" I challenge.

Sam barks a laugh, bringing both hands back to my face, ensuring my eyes hold his. "You need me to say it? I've spent the past four months waiting for the moment I could get you in this exact position." He pauses before grinning. "Lord knows why; you're a real pain in the ass."

I sink my teeth around my lower lip, trying to swallow a laugh as I slug him lightly on the arm. Some of his bruises still remain, though they've gone from deep purple to greenish-yellow and Sam claims they itch more than anything else. I drift my fingers over one of them, feeling his warm skin under my hand.

"Your mom..."

"Is working on Ava's deposition in her hotel room. Besides, my room is nowhere near hers. She'll never know about the things you and I are going to do right now."

His confidence—the bald honesty of his statement—sets my core thrumming, and my grip on his arm tightens. He glances to it before setting his hard gaze on me.

"Are you going to say it or not? Because I'm dying here, but I need to hear you tell me you want it first."

My lips part. Am I really going to do this with Sam, after all the times I promised myself I wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't, for all the stupidest reasons in the world? After he told me he loved me (and I said it back)?

Of course I am. I hear myself saying, "I want you to kiss me," and then he's on me, his hands, his lips, everywhere.

I meet his greedy exploration touch for touch. The feel of him doesn't just live up to my expectations, it blows them out of the freaking water. I find myself shivering with need as Sam's mouth moves over mine, his fingers pressing into the skin of my hips, waist, and ribs under my shirt. When he reaches my breasts, I arch into him. He lets loose an appreciative growl against my mouth, dipping his fingers under my bra.

Sam's hands rove over my chest, kneading and massaging. His lips move from my mouth to my jaw to my neck and I lean back, allowing him access to my throat. The lip ring leaves a cool, metallic path as he finds my earlobe, earning a moan from me. The space between my legs burns with want, and when Sam says my name in a hoarse, low whisper, I think I might lose it.

"Sam," I moan, grappling at his hair and digging my nails into his scalp. "We have to stop."

He pulls back but doesn't remove his hands. "We do?" He looks so surprised I want to laugh. "Right now?"

"We can't do this here."

"Why not?" Sam lifts an eyebrow. I do the same.

"Uh, because we're in a parking lot?"

Sam shrugs. "Doesn't bother me." He ducks his mouth back to my neck, but I press my hands to his chest, panting with the exertion. I don't want him to stop, but I'm not going to do this in front of the Salisbury Inn. When I tell him as much, his eyes darken. There's a predatory flash that tells me that's exactly what he wants, but then he's grabbing me by the hand and pulling, practically sprinting into the hotel.