Fifteen

DIMITRIS POINT OF VIEW

I watched as the doctors opened him up.The surgeons doing their best to keep him stable whilst he lay, pale and lifeless on the operating table. I watched his slow heartbeat pump across the monitor along with other statistics and monitors.

They dragged along their scalpel, opening different parts, tearing carefully through layers of tissue and muscles to create an opening large enough to retrieve the obstruction. The bullet that pierced my boy.

I watched as they passed tools back and forth, my eyes trained on the main surgeon performing the operation. She had a pair of tweezers in her hand, clamps at either side to hold his skin apart as she manovered her medical apparatus between the opening of tissues, careful not to poke or prod at anything.

She pulled her tweezers back out. The bullet in between them and i saw her eyes crease slightly and assumed she was smiling under her mask as she placed it into the tray. My hands that held the metal railing relaxed and i felt my heart finally slow down and relax.

She looked up at me and i nodded, thankful for her work on such short notice. She looked back down and began removing the clamps and stitching everything up when blood began to flow upwards and his heart monitor spiked, along with my own heart as my hands gripped the metal railing.

I heard them shout, call things that only they understood. They're medical vocabulary was not something i was familiar with. The nurses rushing round, pulling and sticking things in whilst another surgeon was trying desperately to find what was causing the excessive amount.

"Hes failing!" One nurse shouted, and I couldn't help but suck my lip into my teeth and chew harshly.

His heart monitor racing as they began to clamp multiple things when suddenly a loud ring echoed throughout the room and my own heart stopped. I looked over at his heart monitor, my eyes not wanting to believe the straight line before me as a nurse rushed in, with another piece of machinery. A defibrillator.

They hooked thing up to his chest, wires and patches being strung along and attached as they charged the machine up. The surgeon pressed a button and I watched as his chest surged upwards and fell flat again.

My chest constricted as I watched them repeat the action. The flat tone staying. They did it again and nothing. I watched the surgeon shake her head.

I left, walking out and down through the hospital. I just left, walking, passing nurses and doctors on my way. I ignored the elevators and took the stairs, not really listening to anything as i reached them front desk, ignoring the waiting patients and people in my way as i kept my line straight.

The automatic doors opening as the cold night air hit my face. I didn't flinch or shiver. I just walked to where I was parked, seeing Luca and Erik in the car.

They both stepped out as i got in the drivers seat, turning the key. The car purred, headlights turning on. I reached to grab the door keeping my eyes focused on ahead of me when a hand stopped the car door and I looked to see Luca.

"What happened boss?" Luca asked.

"He's dead" I answered. "Now lets go"

Hey guys! This is a very short chapter but i wanted to leave it on a cliffhanger because what kind of an author would i be if i didnt? Anyways i will leave everyone to guess how this story goes and how the next chapter goes:)

But this was very sad to write and not even i know how i am going to continue it, happy ending? Sad ending? Very trivial, but i do hope you guys enjoy this chapter even tho it is very short