Sixteen

Milos point of view

Milos point of view

I groaned lowly, eyes fluttering open as a bright light shown down at me, squinting. I felt around the bed i lay on. The sheets thin and felt like paper towels. I sat up, eyes focusing on the white surroundings as the crusts that formed cracked at the corner of my eye.

I looked around at the white walled hospital room I was in. A plastic blue chair sat in the corner by the windows. The grey sky was visible through the large windows. I moved myself further against the headboard and groaned lowly as a sharp pain shot up my stomach. My hand dropped and i fell onto my elbow as i lay my hand over where the sharp pain throbbed and winced.

"Oh you're awake" i heard a voice chuckle.

I looked up and seen a nurse. He wore teal scrubs. His skin was quiet pale and his ginger hair sat messily atop his head, green eyes crinkled as he stared at me with a smile.

"U-Um, Hi" i whispered softly, my voice feeling quiet scratchy and sore.

"Here, ill get you a drink" he smiled gently and left the room before coming back with a jug of water and a cup.

He poured me a glass and i quickly took it gulping the cold liquid as i let out a parched gasp and held it out to him indicating i wanted more. He filled the glass again and i quickly swallowed the cool liquid, setting the glass on the bedside table. I looked up at him.

"Wheres Dimitri?" I asked softly.

He looked down a puzzled expression on his face as he gently set the jug down beside my glass.

"Is Dimitri a family member, someone I can contact for you?" He asked softly and my eyes widened with realisation.

I was just a toy to Dimitri, nothing more than a play thing and I now I've been dumped like an old toy a child once played with except i had feelings and they hurt. I swallowed thickly and shook my head, dismissing his question.

"Well. I will be running a few tests and once they get back with everything thats been predicted you should be good to go" he smiled and i forced my lips into a small smile as he left, shutting the door behind him.

My hands clutched the crinkly bedsheets as they trembled. My shoulders hunching forward as I sobbed. The feelings washing over me. My body shaking and my eyes welling with fat tears that rolled down my cheeks. I bit my lip trying to keep my pitiful sounds in as to not attract attention.

My body began to feel weak. My grip on the bedsheets loosening. This emotional wave too much for my weak body. I sniffled, laying back and pulling the sheets over me as i cried and closed my eyes, body trembling as i felt myself fade away.

~•~

I gulped as i stepped outside into the cool air. It was autumn. I wonder how long i was in a coma. I looked back and seen my nurse Owen smile and wave goodbye. I gave a small wave back and began walking, not really sure where to.