1

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

1. The Boy With One Shoe

╚═══════════════╝

As soon as the chariot landed on the far end of the skywalk. The flying horses tucked in their wings and cantered nervously across the glass.

Annabeth leaped off before the chariot had even finished moving. She pulled a knife and ran toward a group of three demigods while the Butch and Lorna reined in the horses.

"Where is he?" Annabeth demanded.

Lorna wiped her hands on her jeans and made her way towards the group. There were two boys and one girl. One of the boys looked like he was Lorna's age while the other two looked a little younger.

The older boy was a blonde, somewhat muscular guy. He had sky blue eyes and an aura of power surrounded him. But he looked really confused. Lorna didn't blame him, he had just saw two pegasi pulling a chariot and a scary Annabeth is threatening him.

The other boy was a small hispanic with an elfish look. He reminded Lorna of the Hermes kids back at camp.

The girl looked like a native american descent, with tanned skin, chocolate-brown hair that is cut choppy and uneven. There were thin strands braided down on the sides, and eyes that seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope, going from brown to blue to green.

"Where's who?" The blonde asked.

Annabeth frowned like his answer was unacceptable. Then she turned to the other two. "What about Gleeson? Where is your protector, Gleeson Hedge?"

The short boy cleared his throat. "He got taken by some ... tornado things."

"Venti," The blonde said. "Storm spirits."

Lorna arched an eyebrow. "You mean anemoi thuellai? What the crap is a Venti? Who are you, and what happened?"

They introduced themselves as Jason, Leo and Piper. Jason did his best to explain while Annabeth and Lorna stood in front of them with their arms crossed. Lorna did it mostly because the looks on their faces were hilarious. About halfway through the story, Butch came over. He stood there glaring at them, his arms crossed. He had a tattoo of a rainbow on his biceps. When the blonde had finished his story, Annabeth didn't look satisfied. Apparently, their classmate Dylan was a storm spirit. He had attacked them on their field trip. Piper fell over the edge of the skywalk and Jason saved her. Gleeson Hedge had been captured in the midst of saving Leo.

"No, no, no! She told me he would be here. She told me if I came here, I'd find the answer." Annabeth said.

"Beth, calm down. They look scared out of their minds." Lorna said.

"Yeah," Butch grunted. "Check it out."

He pointed at the blonde's feet. He was missing his left shoe.

"The guy with one shoe," said Butch. "He's the answer."

"No, Butch," Annabeth insisted. "He can't be. I was tricked."

She glared at the sky as though it had done something wrong.

"What do you want from me?" she screamed. "What have you done with him?"

The skywalk shuddered, and the horses whinnied urgently.

"Woah. Calm down. Look Percy isn't here, we gotta to." Lorna said.

"Let's get these three to camp and figure it out there. Those storm spirits might come back." Butch added.

Annabeth fumed for a moment.

"Fine." She fixed Jason with a resentful look. "We'll settle this later."

She turned on her heel and marched toward the chariot.

Piper shook her head. "What's her problem? What's going on?"

"Seriously," Leo agreed.

Lorna glared at them. They didn't understand. Percy was missing. Percy Jackson. Saviour of Olympus. One of the main protagonists of the Great Prophecy. Annabeth's boyfriend. Lorna's twin brother.

"We have to get you out of here," Butch said. "I'll explain on the way."

"I'm not going anywhere with her." Jason gestured toward Annabeth. "She looks like she wants to kill me."

l"Nowadays, Annabeth looks like she wants to kill everyone." Lorna said.

"Annabeth's okay. You gotta cut her some slack. She had a vision telling her to come here, to find a guy with one shoe. That was supposed to be the answer to her problem." Butch said.

"What problem?" Piper asked.

"She's been looking for one of our campers, who's been missing three days," Butch said. "She's going out of her mind with worry. She hoped he'd be here."

"Who?" Jason asked.

"My brother. Her boyfriend," Lorna said. "A guy named Percy Jackson."