42

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

42. Reveal

╚═══════════════╝

Lorna walked to Cabin One. The doors creaked open, and Lorna walked in.

"Annabeth and Rachel are here," she told Jason. "Chiron has summoned the council."

Jason nodded.

"I want to tell you something." Lorna said.

Jason turned to face her and gestured for her to continue.

"You remember how I said that I felt like I was always in Percy's shadow? Yeah. And the prophecy. Saying that I would find my worth. I feel. . . I have this. . . ah. I don't know how to express it. It's like i have a . . . weight off my shoulders. Like I can be myself. Not 'Percy Jackson's sister' or the 'chosen one' or 'Olympus savior'. Whenever I'm with you, I feel the most like myself. Just Lorna. And it honestly feels amazing. And I want to feel like this forever. It's been so long since I can just be myself. I want to thank you, Jason."

Jason reached forward and held her hands. "Don't need to thank me."

"I'm still going to. Thank you, Jason." Lorna took Jason's hand. "I don't think I ever told you this, wait no. I'm a hundred percent sure I didn't tell you. I used to . . . like this guy. He was a son of Apollo. His name was . . . Lee Fletcher. We had planned to get together after the war. But then he died. And I was so fricking sad. It was really bad. And then when I met you. It's like, there was a hole in my heart that is now filled. So, thank you. Again."

Lorna studied Jason and tried guessing his reaction towards Lorna's words. It was true that Lorna liked Lee. But now that she knew Jason, the feelings she Jason was so much more intense than those for Lee.

"Say something," Lorna whined.

Jason laughed, a sound that made Lorna feel happy. "What am I supposed to say?"

"I don't know."

Jason gingerly places his hands on Lorna's cheek.

"You know, I have an idea—about how you can thank me." Jason stared at Lorna's lips.

"Yeah?" Lorna whispered as the distance between them became smaller.

"Be my girlfriend."

Lorna leaned in and gave him a kiss, which he gladly reciprocated. "Okay."

The Cabin Counselors gathered in the Big House rec room, around a Ping-Pong table, and one of the satyrs was serving nachos and sodas. Somebody had brought Seymour the leopard head in from the living room and hung him on the wall. Every once in a while, a counselor would toss him a Snausage. Leo, Piper and Jason sat next to Lorna—it was their first meeting as senior counselors.