Chapter 6

"Magkikita na talaga kayo ng Mommy mo ngayon iha?" mahinang tanong ni Manang Rosa.

I woke up from my trance, lol kanina pa pala ako nakatulala, tumawa lang naman si Manang, lol ang cute niya talaga

"Opo eh" sagot ko sa kanya, she nodded. Nagpatuloy lang siya sa ginagawa niya, and here I am, sitting on a black long wooden stool, watching her making our breakfast. 

She's been with us since my Mom and Dad got married, so technically wala pa ako here sa world ay nagtatrabaho na siya sa bahay na 'to. I treat her like my real grandma na, di naman kase kami close ng mga biological Lola ko.

Dad's mother died when I was about five, and Mommy's mother is still alive and kicking but she's living in Cebu kaya di talaga kami nagkikita masyado, she is also mataray which makes us clash everytime we meet.

As I watched her cook, and flawlessly flip the frying pan, I couldn't help but think of those days where it would be her and Mom, happily preparing food for us.

I smelled what she was cooking, and the aroma of the soft scrambled eggs helped me felt hungry, which I am thankful for, because at least na di-distract ang kirot sa puso ko.

"Hmmm, ang bangooo" papuri ko, Manang did her 'weh' face naman. "Ang hilig mo talaga mangbola Yasmin"

"Di kaya noh!....How I wish you'll be with us forever Manang, I seriously can't imagine eating something not cooked by you" I said with a voice of sincerity, hoping it would persuade her, she just scoffed.

I approached her and gave her a hug from the back,"Do you really have to go Manang?" sabi ko. She gave me a look that said 'what's this?', "Ano kaba, magbabakasyon lang ako ng isang linggo di pa ako mamamatay" pagtitiyak niya sakin.

Kumawala ako sa pagkakayakap ko sa kanya."Ayyy Manang naman eh" I continued to whine, Manang caressed my left cheek and flashed a smile, she showed me the plate of cooked scrambled eggs and pointed the dining table signaling me to sit down, kaya yun sumuko ako and danced my way to the dining table.

I sat at the chair facing the six foot bow window. I sighed as I saw the astonishing garden view. Now I understand why Manang practiced me to sit here kapag kumakain noon, bata pa kase ako kaya di ko na appreciate ang view na ito.

"Good Morning!" sigaw ni Dad. My morning was fine until now. "Magandang umaga din Eduardo" Manang greeted her with a smile at umalis giving me and my Dad privacy.