𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆.

I 03

I 03. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ unraveled ❞

     USUALLY, WHEN SHE HEARD THUNDER OR WAVES, IT WAS DURING THE DAY, WHEN SHE WAS AWAKE. This time, it had happened through her dreams. Her body was thrown violently, and it was sore once she woke up. The only the she really remembered was the sky and sea battling for dominance, along with a dark voice that rumbled the earth.

Ariadne had become closer with Percy, moving with him through his lessons to help him. She taught greek with Annabeth, but majority of the time she was helping Percy. Which she didn't mind all that much, Chiron gave her the okay to excuse herself from the lessons, her knowledge on all the lessons were good enough to skip a few days.

Currently, the fourth day after the boy had shown up, she was standing near Luke as he taught the Hermes campers. The girl would step in and help, but this lesson was near and dear to the blond's heart, seeing as he was the second best swordsman in the last three hundred years.

"All right." Luke spoke up, "If Percy doesn't mind, I want to give you a little demo."

Ariadne paled slightly, Percy was no where near Luke's level, he was about to be spending a week in the infirmary. Her hand met Luke's shoulder, a worried look on her face. But the boy reassured her, "It'll be fine. I won't hurt him..." she nodded, but he smirked, "...too much."

She slapped his shoulder, he let out a laugh before her eyes met Percy's. A confident look on her face, which somewhat eased his worries, somewhat.

The move was one Luke had been learning with Ariadne, who had already perfected it. The blond had been making amazing progress in her mind, but he would always practice it when he could.

It was a disarming technique, a useful one at that. You twist the enemy's blade using the flat of your own, so your opponent would have to drop their weapon.

"This is difficult," Luke told the boy, which did not help his nerves. "I've had it used against me." Cue the dirty glance at Ariadne, she just shrugged, Percy seeing the grin on her face. She was proud. "No laughing at Percy, now. Most swordsmen--" a clearing fo throat signaled him to correct himself, "-- or swords-woman have had to work years to master this technique."

Luke gave the daughter of Dionysus a grin, "Besides Ariadne. But then again, she's the best swords-woman in the past three hundred years."

"It's a talent." She joked, a laugh escaping her as the Hermes campers watched.

The older teen gave Percy a demonstration of how the move was supposed to work, slightly wanting Ariadne's approval, as she was the one who had been teaching it to him. A grin twisted onto his face as he saw her nod of approval, Percy collecting his sword that was laying on the ground.