P A G E - 13

Jealous

6:40 A.M. - Sunday - S a y o k o 's P.O.V

Nagising ako nang maramdaman ang paggalaw ng katawan ni Briana sa ibabaw ko. Ngumiti ako nang tulog na tulog siya at hinayaan lang ako sa gusto ko. Is she finally falling for me? Is this it?

Inayos ko ang pagkakahiga ko at ang pagkakadapa niya sa akin, inayos ko ang shorts niya at ang hoodie niya. Kinapa ko ang cellphone ko sa bulsa ko at tinignan ang oras.

6:43 A.M.

Sinuklay ko ang buhok niya habang hawak ko ang cellphone ko sa kabilang kamay. I called Naoki.

"Moshi moshi...?"

"Naoki, are you home?" Tanong ko.

"Yeah, why?"

"Rei-san said that you're getting married."

"Yeah, why?" He repeated. I ended the call and placed my phone at the table.

Niyakap ko ang beywang niya at binaon ang mukha ko sa leeg niya. She smells so pleasing and delicious. I kissed her neck and sucked it, placing a visible hickey. Then slowly, I carried her to her room and gently layed her down. I grab the comforter and kissed her forehead before heading to the kitchen to cook something.

I started to cook my favorite dish which is adobong manok, I still remember tita Beatrix, Briana's mom used to cook for me whenever I'm there. While Briana was inside her room, locking herself to hide from me. I really have no intentions of hurting Briana specially infront of her parents so I just visit her in weekends. Hanggang sa nalaman kong wala na si tita Beatrix at tito Cesar, I was there during the burial but I hid myself from Briana. I know how much she loves them, the way tita Beatrix promised me that I should marry Briana was enough for me to stay by my Spagehtti's side. I won't ever leave her alone.

It's Sunday today, August 12, Tita Beatrix and Tito Cesar's death anniversary. I planned on visiting them with Briana, I'll tell her my feelings.

"Done."

Nilapag ko ang niluto kong adobo at naglagay sa tupper ware. Bibigyan ko kasi sila Nanang Maria na kasambahay nila, dadaanan kasi muna namin sila bago pumunta sa sementeryo.

"What's that?" Napalingon ako sa pinanggalingan ng inaantok na boses at napansin si Briana na nagkukusot pa ng mata.

"This is for nanang Maria and the other maids inside your house." I said.

"Hmm." She hummed.

Kumuha siya ng plato at kanin para kumain na, ganun din ako at tumabi ng upo sa kaniya. Matapos kumain ay siya na daw ang maghuhugas ng plato kaya pinunasan ko ang lamesa. I stared at her while she washes the dishes.

She's supposed to hate me, after all I've done to her... why is she still letting me here?

"Spaghetti?" I called.

"Hmm?" I really want to hug her now, but I need to know why is she letting me do the things she doesn't want me to do.

"Why... can't you push me away?" Huminto siya sa ginagawa, sumandal naman ako sa island counter kaharap siya.

"Pushing you away... is like failing an examination." She uttered. What? Anong ibig niyang sabihin? "It's hard and yet confusing, you won't understand." She added. I just stared at her while doing the dishes, she's confused to all this, am I the reason of her confusion?