{6} Takeoffs and Landings

CHAPTER SIX - Takeoffs and Landings

(Kryoz P.O.V)

     As we settled in for a round of Mario Kart with Fourzer0seven, I made the decision not to record. Firstly, (Y/N) wasn't internet-ready yet, and secondly, I wanted her to have some time to show her real side. What better way than throwing her into one of the most competitive games where we are pitted against each other?

     "Alright, get ready to eat my shit!" I exclaimed, jumping onto the couch and picking my character swiftly. I see (Y/N) roll her eyes as I flip her off. 

     "Yeah, we'll see about that," she replied with a smirk. She picked her usual, (insert character name here), and stared at the screen ready to go.

     Scotty chuckled, looking between us to intrigued before picking his character and preparing for the race. "I'm just here for the chaos."

     "Chaos is my middle name!" I declared, already feeling myself grow more and more competitive by the second.

     As the race began, laughter filled the room, punctuated by shouts of triumph and cries of defeat. And in that moment, (Y/N) didn't just blend in—she shone, her competitive spirit matching ours with ease. It made my heart swell with pride. (Who knew (Y/N) telling scotty to fuck himself would do that to a man but hey- it happens to the best of us)

     As the finish line drew near, I found myself trailing behind, my kart sputtering along as if it had given up on me entirely. And while I could blame it on a multitude of factors—bad luck, faulty controls, the mysterious disappearance of my gaming skills—I knew it was because I was so proud of (Y/N). 

     but i totally did blame it on the factors said prior. 

     We ended up going to sleep earlier than usual, knowing we had early flights the next morning. (Y/N) and Scotty would be leaving before me, so I was designated as the driver. Despite this, I found myself waking up first. Determined to start the day off right, I roused everyone from their slumber in the gentlest way possible.

     "COME ON FUCKERS, WE GOTS A PLANE TO CATCH!"

     "Wow, thanks for that, man. Best start to my morning," Scotty groaned from the couch, his sarcasm evident. I just laughed and went to make toast for everyone. (Y/N) descended the stairs with her hair in a messy bun and pajamas, and I slid a plate over to her.

     "Eat up!" I encouraged them, and they quickly dug in. We were on the road about 20 minutes later. I sat in the front driving with Mini as (Y/N) settled into the back seat, headphones in, listening to a Smii7y video. That laugh was unmistakable, even if it was muffled.

     "(Y/N)," I said loudly enough for her to hear over her earbuds. She paused her video and pulled out her earbud, turning her attention to me. "Just wanted to remind you of the plan. You and Scott will fly there, and once you arrive, he will take you to your hotel. I'll be with your milk bag the entire day, and I can't promise, but I'll try to visit you sometime before tonight. If you ever need anything, you can text me. Because I'm the best, I paid for the Wi-Fi on the plane, so that's possible."

"Did I get free Wi-Fi?" Scott asks, batting his eyelashes. 

     "Yes, dumbass," he cheered quietly to himself as I glanced back at (Y/N). She was looking down, fiddling with her phone. "(Y/N)... you're gonna be okay," I whined.

     "S-sorry! I know, I know," She says anxiously. I could even see her shake a bit.

     "Don't be sorry! I know this is a lot for you. It's all really new and out of your comfort zone. I'm sorry I can't be with you the whole time."