A Real-Wake Up Call

"I WOULD HAVE STAYED UP WITH YOU ALL NIGHT, HAD I KNOWN HOW TO SAVE A LIFE"

"The blood won't stop coming!" I yell as Kidd rushes over, pressing her hands on top of mine to add even more pressure. Severide goes to the other side, kicking the knife to the side before pinning Grant down.

"I think you got his jugular" I comment, noticing the way the blood is spurting. "Stay with me, Grant!" Kidd pleads, "he needs to get to a hospital!" I exclaim.

"What the hell is going on?" Jesse comes out.

"Jesse call an ambulance" I order, "but-" he starts, "JUST CALL IT!" I yell and he pulls out his phone. 

"Tell them it's an adult male with a slash to neck, possibly cut jugular" I inform him as he repeats what I am saying to dispatch. 

"Keep breathing, just keep breathing" Kidd tries to keep him calm.

The paramedics come and take over, maintaining the pressure before wheeling him off into the ambulance, Kidd jumping in with him.

I walk over to the police officer that is questioning Severide.

"He had his hand wrapped around her throat!" Severide exclaims, "he was choking her! What was I supposed to do?" He explains.  "Is that true?" The police officer notices me walking over, "yes it is" I confirm.

"Why did he attack you and Stella?" He interrogates.

"Stella and I were arguing and I called her a bitch" Severide's eyebrows raise when he hears this information, "Grant came out of nowhere and told me not to talk to her like that" I explain. "Then you know the rest" I don't really want to repeat it, "we are going to need pictures of the bruising." 

"Okay," I agree and let the other police officer lead me to the side.

He takes me inside Molly's, directing me to look up so he can get photo evidence of the handprints and bruises on my neck. 

Once finished, I go to the bathroom and start washing off as much of the blood from my hands as I can but it still stains. I look down at my clothes, noticing the spurts of blood had landed on my shirt and jacket.

A permanent reminder of this night which I just want to forget.

"Are you okay?" Severide waits outside the bathroom for me, "okay?" I scoff, "I am not okay" I huff. "I didn't mean for-" he starts, "I don't blame you" I interrupt him, "you were just defending Stella and I" I continue, "so thank you" I try to walk away.

"Let me take you home" Severide offers.

"I think I got that covered" Jesse comes in. 

"You can't drive" Severide points to Jesse's crutches, "and neither can she" he points to my trembling hands. 

"We will find our own way thanks" Jesse steps forward, "Austin is already here, only needs your keys," Jesse tells me. 

"Okay" I nod, walking away from Severide and towards Jesse.

"Thank you for everything tonight but I think you should go and keep Stella company" I say to Severide before walking off with Jesse. Looking back one last time to see him watching me walk away.

We meet Austin outside and I hand him my keys. 

Getting in, he begins to drive us back.

"You going to tell me what happened?" Jesse questions, "I don't really want to talk about it" I stare out the window. "I walked out to see you holding some guys bleeding neck so I am going to need a bit more information" he doesn't drop it.