Telling Her Goodbye

"IT'S GONNA TAKE A LOT TO DRAG ME AWAY FROM YOU, I'D FIGHT FOR YOU. THERE'S NOTHING THAT A HUNDRED MEN OR MORE COULD EVER DO" 

"What? That's it? No egg? No sausage?" Otis quizzes Hermann on his breakfast as he sits down next to me. "Nah" Hermann replies, "Cindy got it in her head that we should try Ethiopian last night" he fills us in.

"Expand our horizons she says" he rolls his eyes, "she expanded something all right, something inside my gut" he refers to his upset stomach.

"Keep an eye on that" Mouch bites into his doughnut to taunt Hermann, "indigestion's one of the first signs of heart failure" he jokes.

"Relax, doctor Oz," Hermann remarks, "I'm as fit a fiddle okay" he argues.

"Dawson, I'm right aren't I?" Mouch questions when Gabby sits down, "I don't know Hermann, you feeling fatigued? Cold sweats? Shortness of breath?" She plays along.

"No," Hermann thinks for a second.

"Then I wouldn't stress" Gabby shrugs. 

"Well I for one don't mind a little Ethiopian" I chime in, "but I completely understand why you, someone with no tolerance towards spice or flavour, would end up with an upset tummy" I tease.

"Okay for your information-" Hermann goes to argue but Otis interrupts him.

"You really like Ethiopian?" He asks, "well I wouldn't say no to a plate of Injera" I shrug. "I haven't tried it" he mentions, "I know this fantastic place, we should totally go" I suggest, "yeah let's do it" Otis agrees.

"Oh, date night so cute" Hermann taunts.

"We can bring you back some if you like?" I remark as he rolls his eyes before popping a grape into his mouth. 

"AMBULANCE 61, GUNSHOT VICTIM!" The siren goes, "19TH STREET AND WOLCOTT AVENUE!"

"They are playing my song" Gabby drops her fork before heading off.

"Wait? Walcott? Wasn't there a shooting there last shift?" Cruz brings up as Otis nods, "it's a turf war" he informs us. "The Western Posse's beefing with the 21 Naturals" we all look over to him, confused that he would know this stuff.

"What?" Otis notices the confused looks, "I know the Drill Rap scene" he argues and the words sound so foreign from his mouth that I can't help but laugh.

"Of course, you do honey" I bite back my smirk as I ruffle his hair. 

After finishing breakfast, I walk over to Kelly's office.

"Hey Lieutenant" I knock on Kelly's door as he looks up from his phone, the same smile on his face from when he saw Anna.

"And look at that smile" I lean against the door, "I knew seeing Anna would raise your spirits" I tease him. "Well it was a good surprise" he replies, "well not really a surprise because she told me how you called her and asked her to come" he figures out.

"Well it was the least I could do" I shrug, "she's good for you" I state, "and I know how bad you are at expressing your emotions so I thought I should step in" I shrug.

"Well thanks" he smiles.

"No sweat" I wave him off, "but now it's up to you" I state, "because I will not be intervening again so make sure Anna knows how much you care for her" I advise.

"I like to think she does" he responds.

"Trust me when I say that unless you make it clear as day-" I start, "we already said I love you to each other" he interjects.