I Held Her Hand

"GOD DAMN MAN-CHILD, YOU FUCKED ME SO GOOD THAT I ALMOST SAID I LOVE YOU"

"Do you see that?" I point at the graffiti on the front wall of our firehouse, "yeah" Severide nods, "who the hell would do that?" He shuts his car door. "Someone with nothing better to do clearly" I grab my bag, "and now we are going to have to clean it up" we walk into the firehouse.

"We?" He laughs, "you guys are going to clean it up, perks of being an officer" he chuckles. 

We get to locker room, going our separate ways to get changed into uniform.

"You see the graffiti outside?" Kidd comes over, "yeah" I nod, "thought firefighters were respected around here" I comment. "I know right" Kidd agrees, "but it's probably some stupid kid with nothing better to do" she adds. 

"Yeah probably" we finish getting changed.

"You should have seen the way Hermann acted when he saw it" Kidd recalls, "I thought he was going to have a stroke honestly" she jokes, "an angry Hermann is always a sight to see" I laugh as we walk into the living area.

"Graffitiing our house like it's some kind of abandoned building!" Hermann storms through, enraged. "Guess I will get to see it" I whisper to Kidd who laughs at how seriously Hermann is taking this.

"They may as well spray-paint the Vatican" Mouch is also taking it very seriously.

"When I catch the hoodlum who did this, he's gonna get a whole new definition of that word 'tagged'" Hermann threatens. "It's not gang graffiti" Cruz chimes in, "no amount of paint is going to ruin our two-week high" Otis changes the subject. 

"Cubs baby!" He announces as him and Cruz high-five.

"Sports?" I ask Kidd, "sports" she nods.

"Let's just get it cleaned up" Boden orders, "yeah you hear him fellas" Casey comes up behind him, "grab the turpentine and let's get to work" he instructs.

"ALL UNITS! STRUCTURE FIRE AT 1015 GARNETT AVENUE!" We are saved by the bell. 

Everyone springs up, rushing to our rigs to get geared up before getting on the road. 

"So Lewis, at your wedding" Capp starts, "any of your single girl friends coming?" He asks and Cruz listens in inventively. "Well the only girls that are coming and the ones you work with so..." I answer, "Jess isn't coming?" Cruz questions.

"I haven't spoken to Jess in 3 weeks" I inform him, "she doesn't answer any of my calls so I don't exactly think that she is going to come" I admit.

"I'm sure she will" Severide interjects, "she can't stay mad at you forever" he comments. 

"I hope so" I sigh.

"Is your mom coming?" Capp asks, "okay Capp you need to stop this obsession with my mother because it is very creepy" I smack his arm. "It's not my fault that your mom is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen" he defends, "I will hurt you" I warn.

We stop joking around and get in the zone as we arrive at the scene. 

"What we got?" Boden asks Casey because Truck was first here, "neighbour said he heard a woman calling for help on the second floor" Casey fills us in.

"All right! Engine lead a line in through the front door!" Boden instructs, "Truck, Squad primary search" he tells us. "Truck take the front, Squad take the back" he orders.

"You heard him! Let's move!" Severide leads us towards the building, "Tony, Capp, you take the first floor" he instructs, "Lewis and Cruz with me on second" he adds.