c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n .

Music drifted beneath the locked door - it was a faint reminder of the magical evening that was happening in the ballroom across the lobby. If only the A-list celebrities that wined and dined in that very room knew what was happening behind that locked door.

They were working with a time limit, and they knew it. It added an element of risk which increased the hunger they felt for the other. With only lustful intentions driving their actions, clothes hit the floor in rapid succession while they undressed each other with eagerness. Joe's fingertips traced the outline of her body and left a trail of electricity that made her hair stand on end. He pulled back for a split second and Winter got a full look at him and her breath caught in her throat. His lips were plump and red from the intense kissing. The dark hair on his chest was unexpectedly sexy. She noted every tattoo, every inch of exposed skin, every muscle, everything.

"You're sure?" Joe's voice was husky and deep - a telltale sign that he wanted her as deeply as she wanted him.

Without words, she reached for him to give him the answer. Their bodies moved as one. There was no hesitation between them as they acted out the fantasy that they had both secretly been desiring over the last few days. Her nails dug into his shoulders. It was everything she dreamed it would be. Winter tossed her head back, breathless and blissful, before collapsing into Joe's tight embrace. He rested his head against her neck while he steadied his now ragged breathing.

As host of the White Dove Ball, Joe knew he needed to get back out the party to make sure he wasn't missed. He zipped up Winter's dress and placed a kiss on her shoulder blade. "You are beautiful, Winter."

Winter tossed her hair over her shoulder and cast him a sidelong glance. "Coming from the hottest Jonas Brother? Wow, I'm blushing." She teased.

With one final look in the mirror to guarantee that their appearances were up to par, Joe twisted the doorknob. He peeped his head out to see if they were in the clear, but he gasped. "Gianna!" Joe shooed Winter away from the door so that she wouldn't be seen right as he stepped out.

Desperate to hear the conversation that ensued, Winter pressed her ear against the door, straining to hear their muffled voices. There were words she missed here and there, but she was able to make out most of it.

"Quit playing these games, Joe." Gianna's words were slurred. That seemed out of character for the organized and precise public relations manager. Had she been drinking? From the sound of it, it felt safe to assume that was the case, but even the strictest celebrity managers deserve to enjoy themselves from time to time.

"I don't know what you're talking about, G." Joe said with a forced laugh. He was uncomfortable.

"Stop lying to me. I know Winter was in that bathroom with you!"

Though she couldn't be seen from behind the door, Winter found herself frozen to her place on the ground like a deer in headlights. Now, what was she going to do?

"Gianna, you're drunk." Joe's attempt to diffuse the situation was weak, but he was put on the spot so Winter had to give him a little credit. It was more than she could say for herself while she remained stiff with shock in the security of the bathroom.

There was a knock at the door. The knock had no pattern and was clearly the work of Gianna. "Open up, Winter. I know you're in there." The girl was buzzed. Beyond buzzed.

"Come on, G. Let's call it a night and get you an Uber."

"No! Listen to me, Joe. That girl is bad news. Bad news, you hear me? She's a gold digger. First, a Rockefeller and now you? Open your eyes to the truth. She's only going to drag you down."