c h a p t e r t w e n t y t h r e e .

Heavy eyes that begged for sleep were glued to the glowing computer screen in an otherwise dark room. Classic rock music played in a low volume over the speakers. The clacking of the keys on the keyboard added to the ethereal ambiance that settled over the bedroom. The old digital alarm clock that sat on the nightstand displayed the time : 5:27am.

Winter huffed while rubbing her face with her hands in a feeble attempt to keep herself awake. For the past two days, she had worked with fervor to grow her business. Ambition burned in her stomach like a growing fire. Her motivation was at an all time high and she was riding that wave of inspiration as far as it would take her. It had been nearly impossible for her to pull herself from her work, and all for good reason.

Since moving out of her place with Nolan, she was having to live in her childhood bedroom in her parents home. Winter was eager to get a place of her own. She loved her parents but it was complicated to be back under their roof after years of independence, especially considering they weren't too enthusiastic about her budding relationship with her early teenage celebrity crush. Though she was non confrontational with her mom and dad, it was only a matter of time before Winter found their opinions overbearing which would result in an argument. It was better to stay ahead of the game and get a solid plan in place. The first step? Ensuring that she had enough business over the next few months to guarantee that she could fund her lifestyle with ease.

The Red Bull can was empty which meant her working time for the night was coming to an end. Winter crunched the can between her hands and yawned. Morning wasn't too far off in the distance anyway. She decided to check her social media before turning in for the night, but she choked on her spit when she opened Twitter.

A few hours prior, Gianna had tweeted a link to a gossip site

A few hours prior, Gianna had tweeted a link to a gossip site. Winter was curious. But as the article loaded, her heart sank. Her eyes grew round with a mixture of confusion and bitterness. There was no doubt that Gianna had chosen this article to share for a very specific reason. As much as she wanted to look away, Winter couldn't resist scrolling down the read the entire blurb.

" Joe Jonas, the middle brother in the Jonas Brothers, hit it out of the park with his phenomenal production as host of the 2019 White Dove Ball

" Joe Jonas, the middle brother in the Jonas Brothers, hit it out of the park with his phenomenal production as host of the 2019 White Dove Ball. But this dark haired hottie also scored a home run for his arm candy for the evening. Gianna Beverly has been Joe's PR manager for over 10 years. Could it be that their relationship has finally broken out of the professional friend zone and blossomed into a romance? Sources say it's possible. Our reports indicate that the two were flirty in front of the cameras. Even more shocking - they were reported to have snuck off in the middle of the ball for some alone time. Our sources say they were spotted slipping into a black car shortly after the opening dance. Can you say JUICY? We ship it! Celebrity Tracker is putting it out there now - their couple name should be #GIJoe! "