A Hopeless Feeling

Cedric winced when he heard Harry scream in agony.  The young Gryffindor fell forward, his face screwed up in pain. The boy looked absolutely awful. Before, Cedric saw determination in his eyes. But now, he only saw fear and pain.

Cedric struggled against the vines, not caring if he could breathe or not. The only thing he cared about now was saving Harry.

He hadn't talked to Harry much in the boy's first three years at Hogwarts. But now that he had started talking to him during the tournament, he found they became rather good friends.  Cedric really enjoyed helping Harry with the tournament, and Harry had helped him a lot as well.  He had to save him, of course he'd try to even if they weren't friends as well. 

"Crucio!" You-Know-Who yelled again, flicking his wand at Harry's back. 

Harry screamed again, hugging himself in a protective way. Cedric felt his heart tug at the boy's pain, and he struggled even more. The plants only tightened in return.

At that point Cedric felt hopeless. For once, he- Cedric Diggory- felt hopeless. He did his best to shake the feeling, watching in relief as You-Know-Who finally gave Harry a break from the Cruciatis curse.  The boy looked like he would pass out any second.  He laid on the ground, panting quietly.  His breathing was terribly uneven, and he looked like he was dying. 

Cedric nearly chocked at the thought of that.  The Boy Who Lived, dying.  It just seemed unreal. 

A/N)) I do not own Harry Potter! 

Ahhhhhh, this chapter was alright I guess.  Let me know if you see any mistakes, and I'll see you Monday. 

Finish the quote:
It does not do to dwell on dreams-
(- Albus Dumbledore)

Stay salty,
- Angie