Chapter 3: Just One Week (2016)

Previously on Our Story. 

*In Jay's car*

JAY : So, how was yesterday's night? 

Shayeon : Jay. Stop joking around. Just drive me to my house. I have to film today.

After that happened, Minsik got my number and started contacting me and I had these mixed feelings about him because of the way he text, it seems like he really meant all the words written. But I had to shake that feelings off after what had happened between me and Christian, I dont think I'll ever fall in love so deeply again.

It took me exactly one hour to get ready to leave for my work. Currently, I'm rushing for another shoot of W, along side actor Lee Jongsuk.

Jongsuk and I are considered really close friends in the acting industry and I have multiple dinners with him where we would eat and also practice our dialogues to each other, and he was the one who gave me many tips to become a great actress I am today despite starting my journey as a singer. Sure, I am still passionate in singing, but that level of passion towards singing is becoming similar towards acting. I really appreciate having him in my acting journey as well as my leading co-star despite having 5 years age difference. Him being older and a senior made me feel very grateful to have him as a working partner. 

After the shoot has ended, both of us head to Itaewon for late night dinner. When I reached Itaewon, I told my manager to head home first because he has a family and I don't want his wife and kids waiting for him, and I also told him that I'll be fine with Jongsuk.

Jongsuk and I met up again in a diner which is not crowded as we didn't want to be seen by paparazzi or fans and we ordered some hot soup to warm ourselves as the weather have been really cold lately. While we were eating and chatting away, my phone keeps on buzzing off but I didn't check my phone as i had to respect Jongsuk and didn't want to be seen as rude. Few minutes later, there was a loud group of people at the entrance of the diner, which my back was facing hence I didn't bother to look. 

Man : Shae??

I heard a familiar voice, I turned, my eyes went from Jay, to AOMG to lastly, Minsik who was looking at Jongsuk.

I said Hi to them and Jongsuk asked them to join us and they did. They grabbed chairs to seat with us and Minsik sat next to Jongsuk, on my right. We started to talk about musics since Jongsuk is interested and Loco asked about acting etc, everyone was laughing away except for one person; Minsik.

The night came to an end and Jongsuk wanted to send me home as he had notifed my manager earlier but since Jay is here, I told him that it is fine because Jay and I live down the same road and it is less of a burden, when we were about to get in the car, Minsik asked if he could borrow me for a while and he promised to return me home safe and sound. I looked at Jay signalling him to not agree to it but he look at me then to Minsik and give a small smile and agreed to it. If looks could kill, Jay would've been dead by now.

I guess the night is still young as i am still out and about with the man i have mixed feelings for. Minsik and I walk along the streets where there aren't many people. We were walking side by side in silence, until we reached a park and sat on the benches. Minsik broke the silence.

Minsik: you know, ive never felt this type of feelings before. when i first saw you walked out of Jay hyung's car, whenever i hear your songs on the radio, whenever I see your photos floating on my instagram timeline of your music success and when i see you with Jongsuk today,, I felt like I have to stop acting different. Although the words I told you like how i'm not gonna be like your ex, we both know that all guys are the same, and we also know for a fact that the future is inevitable and we dont know what's going to happen, but I promise you, if youd give me the chance, I'll take it happily and try my hardest to be a good boyfriend, and that i would love you wholeheartedly like no other. If only you'll give me the chance, I'll wait for you because I know that you are the one.

I was speechless, those words, I could sense the sincerity then i told him

Shaeyeon: I dont want things to repeat again like what happened between me and Ian, and i do have to admit that i have mixed feelings for you but i just-

Minsik: Give me one week. Just one week to make it right, we can get a fresh start and get to know each other and maybe then you'll fall in love with me. Just one week.

I thought deeply, and decided to give him a chance, boy you can't imagine how happy Minsik was when he heard that I am giving him the chance he then hugged me so tightly. The night went off with us walking back to my apartment and we got to joke around until we forgot our first encounter.

[Hi! Its been a really long time but i finally got the time to update this series during the quarantine, how are yall holding up? I apologise for the long awaited chapter, maybe i even lost some readers :( but its alright, baby steps again right. I also want to apologise if this is not a good chapter or it does bore you, I did my research to make this series real with all the timeline :) I hope you enjoyed it, see you in the next upcoming chapter! Stay home, Stay safe. 

-ARAIEL]