Introduction .

Hi...my name is Sierra Baker.  Yes...baker.  Cousin of Hannah baker.  All my life I've been curious about the world.   Maybe that's because I was sheltered pretty much all my life.  I was kept away from the world.  My parents... Lisa and Tom Baker.  Not the best parents in the world.  In fact...pretty horrible parents.  Is that rude to say? Both of them are on drugs though.  Well, you can add alcoholism for my father.  It never was that way of course.  As a young kid, my parents and I did everything together.  We were inseparable....but then of course, my mom left us.  There was no warning there.  She just basically vanished...poof.  My dad and I were alone for awhile and then he turned to his ways.  I had to watch over my father. That meant I was in the house a lot.  I saw a lot of things, bad things.  But, there were a lot of times when I saw a good too.  That was when I went to my aunt and uncles house.

Olivia and Andy Baker.  I would say they're more of parents than my actual parents.  They know the ways of my parents, so they had me over their house a lot.  I spent a lot of my time with them.  They taught me right from wrong.  Took care of me.  Fed me.  Guided me.  All the things a parent would do.  And trust me, I'm so appreciative of them.  They prevented me from going down a bad path.  They raised me. 

Then of course, there's Hannah.  Hannah Baker.  My precious cousin and also my best friend.  Me and her are inseparable.  We do everything together; we go through everything together.  I didn't have siblings growing up and neither did Hannah.  So having each other through middle school was the best thing ever.  Hannah is awesome.  She's a very creative person and speaks her mind.  She stands up for what she believes in which I love.  She's also sensitive, but being sensitive is a good thing.  At least in my eyes. 

Life was good for me.  I felt like I had a real family...a normal family.  Well, that was true until they moved.  Yeah....they moved away and I had to stay here with my father.  Legally they couldn't take me.  I'm not an adult yet, and my father wanted me to stay with him.  It wasn't too bad.  I just felt lonely...I mean I was, I lived with my drunken father.  Life was hard for those few months they were gone.  I was completely miserable.  They felt horrible for leaving me, but I assured them it was okay.  We talked on the phone everyday, but of course it wasn't the same.

Not at least until my aunt and uncle asked me to move in with them.  I was shocked at first, but also totally relieved.  And, I was even more relieved and happy when they got the approval from my father. So....I packed my bags and I moved with my family.  And it was the best decision ever....at least I thought it was.

Something happened not long after that changed my life forever.  Changed everyone's life.  It was unexpected...well, maybe not so unexpected.  But, it destroyed me.  It left an emptiness in my family's heart.  It made our world quiet.

Hannah baker killed herself.  She committed suicide...right in our house.  She left the world...and left us.  None of it made sense to me...not until I received the tapes.  Then, my world really changed.  And, I found out more people were involved in this.

Zach Dempsey
Alex Standall
Jessica Davis
Sherri Holland
Tony Padilla
Tyler Down
Ryan Shaver
Courtney Crimsen
Marcus Cole
Justin Foley
Clay Jenson
Bryce Walker

And....me, Sierra Baker

Remember these names because behind every name and face, there's a secret that lies deep within.  And every single person on here....they all had to do with Hannah's death.