Tape 13 : Pt. two

Sierras pov

P R E S E N T  T I M E

Of course when I got home from talking to Jessica, Justin wasn't there. I came back to find a note saying he went out for a bit and he'll see me later.  It makes me a little nervous.  I don't know what Justin is thinking or what he's going to do.  But...I know I can't stop him when he's like this.

I just sigh and then I hear knocking at the door and I put the note down and walk over to the door.  I open it to see Clay standing there and he just looks to me.  "You weren't at school" He said.

"Yeah...last night was rough.  And then I talked to Jessica early this morning.  I just didn't feel like dealing with school on top of that" I said.

"Well, we need to talk.  Can I come in?" He said and I nodded and let him in.

"What's going on?" I said.

"I talked to Mr. Porter today.  I gave him the tapes" He said.

"Already?  I...I thought we were waiting" I said.

"I know, but I just had to do it.  He has to know.  And maybe he'll...you know, do something" He said.

"Well, maybe we'll actually have some luck then.  Because Jessica doesn't want to speak" I said.

"Not at all?" He said.

"No...but I'm hoping she changes her mind.  I gave her my tape to listen to" I said and he looked to me.

"Do you think it'll work?" He said.

"I don't know what's going to happen...but everything's starting to come out.  And...and there's still two people left who don't know.  And I think they deserve to know just as much as anyone else...if not even more" I said.

"You mean your aunt and uncle" He said.

"It could help them during the trial.  Also...maybe it'll be closure for them.  I just...Ive kept it from them for too long now, Clay" I said.

"Show them.  I..I think you should." He said.

"Really?" I said.

"Like you said.  They deserve to know" He said and I nodded.

I need to tell them.

~

I know my aunt and uncle are at the drugstore right now.  They needed to check on a few things before they went over to listen and watch the last few depositions from the group.   I decided to drive over there and catch them before they go.  I walk inside and see them just about to leave and they look to me a little shocked.

"Sweetie, I thought you and Justin were going out" She said.

"There was a change of plans" I said.

"Is everything okay?" She said.

"No...actually, it's not" I said.

"What's going on, honey?" My uncle said.

"There's something I need to tell you guys.  I...I haven't been honest with you guys recently.  And I feel horrible about it, but I was just doing what I was supposed to do.  And I hope you'll understand and forgive me.  But...it's time I show you guys" I said and they just looked to me confused.