Tape 10 : Pt. one

Sometimes... things just happen to you. They just happen. You can't help it. But it's what you do next that counts. Not what happens...but what you decide to do about it. And I've made some very bad decisions in my life. As you know.

P R E S E N T   T I M E

Sierras pov

I never thought I would be standing in this spot again.  I never thought I'd be looking at the remains of what caused a terrible and traumatic accident.  One that still to this day haunts me. Creeps up on me in my sleep sometimes. Hannah said there were three stories from the night of the party she had to tell.  And as you know, we got through the first one.  But here.  This right here is the center of the second story.  A story that involves me...and someone no one expected to ever be involved.

"Are...are you okay?" Clay said to me.

"Yeah...are you?" I said.

"I don't know" He said and then we looked back to the new stop sign that's standing tall in front of us.

"All of this because of selfishness...and a stop sign.  I mean, they couldn't have even cleaned up the remains of the old stop sign" I said.

Are you confused? Well, just stay tuned.  Because soon it'll all make sense.  And you'll understand why this stop sign is so triggering for me and how it and a certain someone caused trauma for a lot of people.

"I...I don't know if i'll be able to handle this one" He said.

"Yeah...you and I both" I said still staring at that new stop sign.

"Shit...i'm...I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be making this about me right now. I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now" He said

"No, it's okay.  It's...it's definitely a lot.  But, it'll be okay" I said.

"Are you sure you wanna listen to this one? I get it if you can't.  You shouldn't have to go through it again" He said.

"No, I need to.  It's part of the process." I said and then took a deep breath.  "Maybe I'll be able to cope with it this time around...or put pieces together.  I just...I'm hoping to get something out of this one.  For me" I said and he nodded.

"Well, whenever you're ready to start...we'll do it" He said and I looked to him.

"I'm ready" I said and then he nodded.

Here we go...tape 10.

~

Don't you hate when you're having a nightmare? You feel the emotions and fright as the dream plays out. And it feels so real which makes it worse. But, the ones where it's replaying something traumatic that happened to you are even worse. Because...those ones really are real.

I jump awake panicking and not being able to catch my breath and then I feel arms wrap around me. "Hey, hey, it's okay. It's just a dream" I heard Justin say in my ear and I just start crying a little.

"I hate thinking about it" I said and he pulled me into him closer.

"I know. I'm here though" He said.