Tape 5 : Pt. three

Clays pov

P R E S E N T T I M E

School is about to let out and I'm standing outside on the front steps staring at Courtney, when Sierra walks up to me. "Hey, you okay?" She said.

"Uh....yeah" I said looking to her.

"I know this tape brought up a lot of memories...like the dance. Hannah told me you and her had a good time" She said and I nodded trying to hide my emotions.

"Yeah...yeah, it was good" I said and she smiled.

"Should we start the next tape?" She said and I looked back to Courtney.

"There's actually something I need to do first. But after...we'll start" I said and she nodded.

"Okay....should I ask what you need to do?" She said.

"Nothing important" I said lying and she nodded.

"Okay, well, I'll see you later then" She said and I waved as she walked away.

Okay....time to pull this one off.

~

I'm standing in a cemetery right now. Yes...a cemetery. The one Hannah is buried in. I tricked Courtney into coming here with me, and when we arrived...she was pissed. But, I convinced her to just come look with me. I want her to realize see played a part in this.

"There's...there's no headstone" She said staring at where Hannah is buried.

"They take a couple months to make. So, when someone dies suddenly...." I said and then stopped cause I think she got the point. She nods and then she starts looking around and then looks back to me.

"It's beautiful here." She said and I scoffed.

"It's beautiful here?" I said.

"I don't know, Clay. What do you want me to say? I'm not sure why you brought me here." She said.

"Because you've been acting like Hannah killing herself was some, like, school activity. Like just a reason to put posters up." I said.

"I'm trying to help the school heal." She said.

"The school?" I said.

"Yeah" She said.

"What about you?" I said.

"Yes, all of us." She said.

"So you help the school, and cover the fact it's your fault too" I said.

"It's not my fault. Clay, look, I know she was special to you. And I know you're upset, and I get it, but...but this was Hannah's choice. Okay, this isn't on anyone but her." She said

"No. No, it's on every person who talked shit about her, and every guy who fucked her over, and it's on you because she thought you were a friend, and you sent one more asshole in her direction just to cover the fact you're gay." I said.

"That's not true" She said.

"I don't get it, Courtney. It's the 21st century. How is this so hard for you?" I said and she just shook her head.