Tape 7 : Pt. one

You're going to tell me this ones no big deal...but let me tell you about being lonely. Humans are social species. We rely on connections to survive. Even the most basic social interactions help keep us alive. Statistics prove the subjective feeling of loneliness can increase the likelihood of premature death by 26%. If it sounds like I'm quoting from a school textbook...I am. Too bad nobody bothered to read it.

And let me tell you...there's all kinds of way to feel lonely.

Sierras pov

P R E S E N T T I M E

Clay and I are both standing outside of the school listening to the next tape. He pauses it and then looks to me and I look to him. "Come on. Let's go in" I said and we both walked into the school.

If only I could express how much I hate this place. Just walking the halls everyday is enough to make me wanna loose my mind. It's just a place filled with teenagers. And...with teenagers come drama and problems. There's also all the different clicks and groups. I mean...this is just a big area for people to be judged, bullied, and tormented. Because apparently these days...being assholes is the new normal.

I'm broken out of thought when I hear someone slamming on a locker and I look up to see a girl trying to open a locker....Hannah's locker.

"Hey!" Clay yelled and then marched over to her.

"Hey, Clay. No, no" I said and then followed him up to the girl.

"Hey, what the hell? What are you doing?" Clay said to her.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She said.

"What the hell" Clay said.

"I can't get it open." She said freaking out.

"Why do you want to?" Clay said.

"Clay" I said trying to pull him away but he won't budge.

"Because it's my locker. I'm new, but I can't get the combination to work." She said and that caught my attention. I see Clay start to ease up a bit and his body relaxes.

"Sorry, we're sorry." I said.

"This locker used to belong to a friend of mine." He said and then he took her combination and opened the locker for her.

"Thank you" She said but Clay walked away.

Shit...

~

I'm just leaving Clay alone for right now. I don't know what's going on with him but he's antsy today. And he's shutting himself off from the world. So...I'm just going to watch him from a distance and just give him space. I am starting to worry about him though.

"Hey" Justin said walking up to me and kissing the side of my head. He then goes to his locker and I just stand there thinking about Clay.

"What?" He said.

"Clay had a little freak out moment earlier" I said and he closed his locker.

"And what exactly happened?" He said.

"Just freaked out on a new girl. She has Hannah's locker" I said and he ran his hands through his hair.